Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun Rights

I haven't posted too many times on the site, but do read all the other posts quite often and have found the site to be a source for some valuable info. With all the change about to happen in our political system I thought I might throw out a quick plug to join the NRA. I am in no way affiliated with the organization but do believe strongly in my second ammendment rights. With the incoming administration having a less than favorable history in regards to issues involving the second ammendment, it is more important than ever to do whatever you can to try and preserve the rights we already have. I am also not a believer in joining huge bureaucratic organizations like the NRA, but do believe that they offer the best chance and carry the most clout in working to construct sensible laws with the politicians that will be developing legislation affecting our rights. Websites like shootingusa.com are offering a $10 discount if you join through their site and I am sure other sites have similar deals. Call me paranoid and say that I am over reacting, but looking back to the viewpoints and voting history of our incoming exectutive branch is pretty scarry. The more people that join organizations such as the NRA the more political clout they have when dealing with politicians. It's great to say you have 3 million members who think like you do, but its better to say you have 6 million members who think like you do. Sorry for the rambling

Are you just PLUG'N shootingusa then??

Why are you not a NRA member then if you are posting to join really....I don't get it.
I think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to gun rights really. Just a bunch of "o boy are guns are gonna get taken" talk as usual I think..so better give some $$ up to feel at ease...BS..

My 2 coins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to gun rights really. </div></div>

bet you're wrong!

to much hunting revenues going to these states, retail, lic fees, ect, this is a huge market money builder for state , county parks, and their wages. truly, they talk about it, but the criminals will always have acess to guns, but we as permit holders, and hunters, spend ALOT OF MONEY, for our rights, and with the way the economy is, any political party would be nuts to take more away from their state monies, or our economy. my opinion only, respectfully, one proud american hunter!

NRA is arguably the most powerful lobby in the US and certainly among the top few. You have no choice but to throw some $$ in the pot if you want to make a large and repeatable impact in politics and the NRA does it as well as any group out there. Only thing I wish they'd change is to reduce the number of paper mailings like asking to renew dues 2 months after you sign up for a 2 yr membership. Duh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why are you not a NRA member then if you are posting to join really....I don't get it.</div></div>

I don't see anywhere where he said he wasn't a member. Just that he didn't like joining big organizations.
I feel the same way but do belong to the NRA.
Too many people in the midwest take our ease of weapon and ammo purchasing for granted. Myself included.
Move to Michigan and try to buy even an air pistol and see if you sing the same tune. I deal with those folks everyday and hear it first hand how disscusted they are trying to order any type of weapon.

justinjvh...........great post!

obama already has said he wants to tax the crap out of ammo, and wants to re-instate the clinton gun ban..AND make it permanant

im thinking of going out and buying me and my wife a pistol.... with the way things look to be headed, that seems like a worthwhile investment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">obama already has said he wants to tax the crap out of ammo, and wants to re-instate the clinton gun ban..AND make it permanant </div></div>

and with a Democrat majority...

Some of the first things you will see is manditory gun locks for any and all guns. Then they will start banning certain types of ammo. Then that list will keep getting larger and larger. Who knows where it will all end.

I have never been an NRA member yet. But will be very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justinjvh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am in no way affiliated with the organization </div></div>

Nuff said...and Teeroy, your just whining cause I said something.To bad the guy you voted for did'nt make it off the ground, not my fault.

NRA is a hype for cash.

T, what do you pay for a box of shot gun shells for duck hunting today? Any bets on what you'll be paying in 4 years? I’m talking on top of an inflation rate of 5-8% in a tax and spend regime. I pulled the 5-8% out of my rear, could be more, could be less, but I’m betting more. So what do you think, 20-30% more/box?

I don’t think there will be a “gun grab”, rather an insidious undermining of out rights to own certain types of weapons and ammunition. And don’t look now, but the gun companies are all cashing in on the hysteria. Maybe rightfully so, so they can withstand the potential lean times ahead. If I were Bushmaster, DPMS etc etc I’d be concerned.

The ‘Bonker

no, i'm "whining" because i don't want to see gun rights taken away. the opinions of someone with your record, don't concern me in the slightest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the opinions of someone with your record, don't concern me in the slightest </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Right on T-roy!

Proud NRA member here, and damn proud to be in the upcoming years!

Guys, I would like help here if possible. I am Vice Chair for the Frontier Friends of the NRA. I know first hand how our money is spent and how it is spent. I am also a field rep for the IBA. I can explain the importance of that to you too if you would like.

The power behind these two organizations are similar. Strength in numbers. Please join. If you are wanting help with joining send me a PM and I will get you in contact with the NRA Field Rep for the state of Iowa. He is a very close friend of mine and lives here Fort Dodge.

There is no better time to pay for a membership and stand up for your rights. The Clinton history will be most likely repeating itself again but I have a feeling it could be a lot worse than before. Not trying to turn this into a political dispute but please look at the issues we had to deal with before. I personally remember how hard it was to get .223 ammo during that administration term.

I wanted to see where this thread went for awhile but my curiosity got the best of me. Anybody here aware of this:

H.R. 6257- Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

This fine resolution was introduced by Mark Kirk(R)-Illinois and is cosponsored by 4 other supposed "Republicans".
Rep. Michael Castle [R, DE]
Rep. Michael Ferguson [R, NJ]
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R, FL]
Rep. Christopher Shays [R, CT]

The resolution is currently in committee. It broadens the ban even further than seen in the ban of 1994. Might be the time to reconsider the worthiness of joining the NRA if this is a topic of concern for you, particularly if you use history as a guide and given the current political party in power.

IBT

Scary times for sure. I think that now is the time to buy new guns if you are in the market. Only going to get harder.

Anyone who doesn't think we are going to take some serious hits to our gun rights in the next four years is just plain ignorant.

Anti gun groups gave a TON of money to Obama and they are going to expect something in return. Are we going to have our guns taken away? Probably not, but are we going to lose some freedoms and find it a lot harder to do some things? You better beleive it. Is the cost of gun and ammo use going to sky rocket? You better believe it.

We are going to take some hits. Period.

I'll agree 100% on this one! On another iowa hunting/fishing website this guys criminal record was posted-what a dandy. I did join the NRA recently because I value my second amendment rights and feel they have the best shot of anybody to protect it. I also agree that it wont be a situation where they come in and take guns from your house (that would cause massive uproars), but they will make it extremely difficult and/or expensive to buy guns and ammo by slowly chipping away your rights a little bit at a time. For this incoming president to say that he is all for helping the middle class is a strech when it comes to middle class individuals that like to hunt and shoot. I think he is going to make it extremely tough for us to continue on with our outdoor hobbies.

Top Bottom