Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

handling a crappy situation the right way.

Well, Ive never been to a Scheels so I dont know about them, but at least you guys have never had a salesman try to get your phone number while hes helping you. Then at another outdoor store I had a salesman try to sell me expandable broadheads that I wasn't sure my bow would have the kinetic energy to open, and he just said, dont worry, if you shoot a deer just call me and Ill help you find him...
wtf.gif

Anyway, take a deep breath now, here we go...
19.gif

Does everyone feel better now?
grin.gif

Bottomline, is it fair to say that the new store has yet to "iron-out" some wrinkles?
grin.gif

I have been going to the Coralville Scheel's ever since they opened (5 yrs ago??), and have never had a bad experience - fingers crossed
waytogo.gif

Of course, the archery shop Manager (Jared, I think?) has 18 yrs of bow hunting experience
applause.gif

i don't understand why you are taking this so personal muddy. your setiment(sp?) is there for everyone to see. yes scheels handled your situation great. the only thing they could have possibly done was to just give you the new bow on the spot (which i couldn't see anyone doing). they took care of your problem admirably. but since your original post was in praise of scheels, you are saying, the others on here have no right to voice their expieriences, pro or con? just because someone else has had a different point of view on a similar situation, it is NOT a personal attack on you.

release hunter, when i read your situation, i was stunned. if that had happened to me, this thread would be changed to "how to handle a B.S. situation the WRONG way" i would have hit the roof, and done my damnedest, to get that dude fired, or moved downstairs to the starbucks.

Muddy and others,

My last post wasn't meant to shed turn the light off on Sheels. It was an experience that I had recently. But, It was a bad experience that I COULD HAVE turned into a terrible experiencve and made an *** out of myself, just like muddy could have when his bow blew into pieces. It would have done no good for me to blow up at these people, as they were trying to get me some help and whoever was supposed to be assisting customers in that part of the store was not coming to help. The comment did upset me and that is why we left the store. Could it be that this store is new and people need trained? perhaps. But for Muddy to start taking this whole thing personally and then choosing to attack us for writing our experiences, it will only cause us to lose respect for him.

My last post could have certainly been taken either way, good or bad. I explained why I posted it and like I said, it was to show that if we as fellow hunters keep our cool, things might, just might turn out for the good. My situation didn't turn out good, because we left the store. If others want my respect or money, they will respect me first. Muddy handled his situation without losing his cool and came out with a new bow. Was it because he was a prior employee and someone told this manager that or was it because he conducted himself in a professional manner? I would like to think it was the latter.

Don't condemn the rest of us Muddy for our posts. (EDITED PART:) As hunters we should be sticking together, kepping each other informed of the places to shop or not shop and include personal experiences. When we start attacking or blaming each other for posts that are made, we have slid right into the decoy of the anti-hunters plan. Think about it.

I am not really looking to jump into this but here goes. Experiences good or bad I don't think anybody should be hammering on anybody else for telling it like it is! I want to hear it.

I am sorry for causing problems with my post. I certainly did not mean to make muddy or anyone else mad. Sorry everyone.

Joe

Well I wasn't trying to get this into a slam fest on Scheels and I have no clue why you took it as a personal attack on you, but if you were treated the same way as some of us then you probably would be preaching a diffrent story. If you need someone to delete this post due to controversy then we need to get rid of 50% of the posts on here. I guess this is a diffrent scenario from people talking about what is the better broadhead or what bow shoots better. My apology I love scheels now and will always spend my money there.

lxshooter,
that is truly a shocking story
shocked.gif

If it had been me behind the cash register, I would have assumed that you had plenty of money - cuz we all know that Harley's are EX-PEN-SIVE
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My apology I love scheels now and will always spend my money there.

[/ QUOTE ]
liar
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you need someone to delete this post due to controversy then we need to get rid of 50% of the posts on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

controversy? doesn't a differing opinion/experience stimulate conversation?

i get overly excited sometimes. i havn't seen the new store and obviously havn't witnessed all these incidents. i just find it hard to believe that after dealing with the store over my way that the one in DM would be that sub par.

lx, teeroy ,TRX...god...this hurts...ugh...

sorry.
eek.gif

now you can insert the group hug kat.
grin.gif

Muddy
Maybe you could tell these guys some of the training you got when you were working at Scheels maybe it would help in the trust they would have in the work being done on thier bows
smirk.gif

ya know...i totally agree with muddy...heres a guy making an excellent point and then people come out bashing him left and right...and those people know who they are...its just plain ignorant on there part to make such comments...its pretty pathetic to bash on muddy like that...it really show's how immature and narrow minded people can really be...MUDDY: i think your story sets a good example of how people should treat people in all situations and im pretty sure that was the point you were trying to make...keep up the good work! see ya around

Muddy, Glad you got your bow replaced. I would be a bit nervous about having one that blew apart on me being repaired.
crazy.gif

By the way, Congratulations on hitting the 3000 mark!
grin.gif

Lefler,

NO ONE has bashed muddy. We finally get thigns squared away and you stir up the coals. Nice.

We know what muddy was sayign and others posted their experience with the company that Muddy was referring to. The nice thing about this forums is that we have times where some peeps agree to disagree. Don't stir the fire after it has been extinguished.

[ QUOTE ]

lx, teeroy ,TRX...god...this hurts...ugh...

sorry.
eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the most worthwhile thing to come out of this thread. If nothing else, we should all have learned a lesson in how to treat our fellow human beings.
waytogo.gif
applause.gif
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom