Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HARVEST TIME IN SASKATCHEWAN

SaskGuy

Alright guys here is the story and photos. I didn't get back out after passing the good buck up on Moday until Friday after work. I went to the exact tree I shot my buck from last year in hopes that buck would show back up. About an hour before dark a big bodied 4x4 showed up 50 yards in front of me, then a few seconds later, this guy emerged from the timber. I knew he wasn't bad but his body kind of dwarfed his rack. I took a picture of him eating alfalfa. Further inspection revealed a big 6pt left side. I took a look through the scope and after a few seconds of debating I let her rip. When the smoke cleared he was down and I sat there for a minute wondering if I'd made the right decision. I'm not sure if he's as good as the one I passed up but a rough score yesterday by myself and a friend gave him a better than I thought gross score of 181 5/8. He won't net book as his sides don't match up evenly being a 5x6. His left brow tine is over 10" long and his g2's are both over 12". Now I may have to spend the rest of the winter underground for fear that I'll see a better one.
blush.gif
I didn't get any good field pics b/c as usual I was alone and by the time I found the farmer to help me load him it was dark. I wouldn't even want to guess how heavy this deer was but there is no way on earth he wasn't well over 300 lbs. His neck measured 33" and he isn't even close to being rutted up.
shocked.gif
I took this one in my yard yesterday.
1122181.jpg

Here is what he looked like when i walked up to him beside a big alfalfa bale.
1122down.jpg

His inside spread is only 16 and a half inches, if he'd have had a couple more in there he'd likely make book but oh well, that is just numbers and the spread is just air.
smirk.gif

Great Buck Kaare, excellent photos, Congratulations
waytogo.gif
!

Man that deer has a Huge Body.

Great buck, I wouldn't second guess yourself at all, not a person on here would have passed on that beast. Congrats.

I wish I had that sort of problem where I had to debate if a 180 incher was the one I should take. I need to head up your way sometime and go on a shed stomp...finding bruisers like that would really get the blood flowing. Congrats on the harvest....that is one quality whitetail anywhere in the nation.

Top Bottom