Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hawk blinds

It is not the vertical corner windows that are the problem. They have a catch system under those that drain out great. It's the other windows that leak onto the floor and cause the problem with mold.
That's odd. I don't seem to have a problem with my horizontal windows. They do make an awning kit you could install that would help! Just more money tho on an already expensive blind. ha

A few observations on the big name blinds.

Redneck is not scent tight. I have a hundred dead flies in ours.
A muddy dealer up the road has them sitting out all year. There were a couple that you could clearly see that the bottom was warped/ rippled. I am assuming it was from the exposure to the sun on a daily basis. I would think the sun / UV rays will eventually do a number on any plastic blind.

We built a 6 x 6 custom blind, wood walls steel roof and sealed glass windows. One fly in it all year. Less cost than a redneck or muddy.

A muddy dealer up the road has them sitting out all year. There were a couple that you could clearly see that the bottom was warped/ rippled. I am assuming it was from the exposure to the sun on a daily basis. I would think the sun / UV rays will eventually do a number on any plastic blind.

We built a 6 x 6 custom blind, wood walls steel roof and sealed glass windows. One fly in it all year. Less cost than a redneck or muddy.
Did you follow any plans or just build away? I have another old running gear with a floor built on it now and ready to decide what to go with. Weighing pros and cons of everything.

Did you follow any plans or just build away? I have another old running gear with a floor built on it now and ready to decide what to go with. Weighing pros and cons of everything.
I am currently doing the same- I have 2 young kids and think the time saved by not building would be helpful, but also dont want "junk" either as I am hoping it lasts 30+ years... Last time I priced out things I was almost at the same price as buying one for how I wanted it- and didnt find much on used sites for parts

I have a redneck with a warped floor. Pretty annoying with a chair at times.

Rotomolded blinds use UV stabilized polyethylene.

I have built dozens of homemade blinds. It's the maintenance that I really can't handle. Just like a house they need repainted, caulked, etc. I have one a woodpecker destroyed. Yikes!

Squirrels eat all my treated lumber blinds I've built!! That reason alone I'm thinking of putting a good blind on my floor and be done with it. Can your blinds be secured to a 3/4" 4x8 sheet or not really? Has joists.

Squirrels eat all my treated lumber blinds I've built!! That reason alone I'm thinking of putting a good blind on my floor and be done with it. Can your blinds be secured to a 3/4" 4x8 sheet or not really? Has joists.
You want to secure any blind to solid framing (not plywood). We run (8) 4" lags thru blind into joists.

We use the 4 4x4 leg system. With the steel mounts.
I’ll try to get a picture when I can.
I do have a redneck and sat in it last night.
Lots of leaks. Not sure if it’s supposed to drain that way or what (through the floor).
It just seems everyone is throwing these blinds together and charging $2500-$4500
That’s a lot of money for warped walls, floors, leaking windows ect. Mass production reduces cost, but unfortunately quality as well. I would probably buy another redneck if I had to , but a few issues would need to be addressed before I set it out on the land.

I always liked 6x6 size. Holds 2 comfortably, 3 if needed and can still hide it fairly well. I liked Bobby Kendall’s design (the whitetail group) and mimicked his window layout and sealing process and steel roof.
T-111 siding 2x4 walls . Should last for years.

I've helped mount blinds on running gear lots of times - we usually put short legs on them to get a bit higher and mount those to the deck floor or sills.
Ya
I have a buddy who has a trailer shop and he saves old axels for me. I can weld so a steel running gear is no problem to make of needed.

My preferred method of making elevated mobile blinds.

Screenshot_20231024_093000_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231024_093119_Gallery.jpg

Have you figured out how to back up those gravity wagons without looking like a complete tool? :p I bought one recently and tried backing it up. No bueno... Haha!
Ha! Absolutely not. Feel like I drank a 5th of whiskey, have a blindfold on, and have one arm behind my back!

Have you figured out how to back up those gravity wagons without looking like a complete tool? :p I bought one recently and tried backing it up. No bueno... Haha!
Hitch on the front of a skidloader or ranger makes a huge difference. We back all kinds of wagons and other running gear in sheds and looking forward instead of backwards is a game changer.

Any pics of the decking you made IBH? Here's what mine looks like. I can get lags into those 4x4s under my sheet. But is the 4x8 footprint big enough for a larger blind? Wasn't sure what the floors are like in those blinds. If it's even possible.

Screenshot_20231024_101749_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231024_101753_Gallery.jpg

Any pics of the decking you made IBH? Here's what mine looks like. I can get lags into those 4x4s under my sheet. But is the 4x8 footprint big enough for a larger blind? Wasn't sure what the floors are like in those blinds. If it's even possible.

View attachment 126105View attachment 126106
I dont. There is a 2x4 ledger board on each side attached to wagon. Then 2x6 joists bearing on the 2x4s. No sheeting. Blind attaches into 2x6 joists.

I dont. There is a 2x4 ledger board on each side attached to wagon. Then 2x6 joists bearing on the 2x4s. No sheeting. Blind attaches into 2x6 joists.
It attaches from bolts thru the floor, is what you're saying? Nobody sells these close to me. I see a guy on FB about 3 hrs away in IN has 2 left but he'd have to remove the 4x4 base kit... so I'm wondering if I can attach it to a deck using what I presume are the same holes. If I can't use the same holes to attach it into my 4x8 sheet, I don't think I want to buy one that already has holes in it. I think you're a pretty long haul away from me.

Do Titan blinds have blackout curtain kits? That's essential IMO.

Top Bottom