Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hello Split Ear ...my old friend.

That's incredible to have that amount of history with one animal, and truly is a testament to their ability to survive. Canadian winters have thrown him the worst and yet he manages to eek out a living.....truly awesome. Thanks for sharing

Great story and pics, very cool! A deer that will die of natural causes & lives in the wild; what a lucky dude. Great stuff.

Way past his prime he is.

Boy, he has lived a ghostly existense the past 3 seasons. I got one picof him on a lick this summer and knew he was going to watch the leaves change one more time. I knew then he wasn't going to have much antler on his head. I highly doubt that with this many years under his belt that he's liable to see another spring. It'll actually be kind of fitting that he's bound to give his body back to the woods he spent his life in. Seems kind of sappy, but I'm glad he contributed to a small fraction of mine.
splitear1.jpg

Great history. That deer is a true survivor. He's seen it all by now. Great deer. I love history with mature whitetails, and this is one of the better i've seen. I wonder how many times that buck has seen/smelled you and you never even knew he was there?

He's gonna die a cold death happy as could be thinkin about all the tail he's pulled in his lifetime. Stud of a deer, regardless of what he's sporting on top of his head!

Wow he lost all his brows.. Must have had a pretty tough year.. If you didn't have that split in his ear, you wouldnt even know who that deer was!!

I highly doubt that with this many years under his belt that he's liable to see another spring

Boy, he proved me wrong. Opposite side of the river as last yr but same square mile. I cannot even fathom how well he knows that timber. Easy winter last yr,...he actually seems to have put on inches this late in life.
spl.jpg

sp.jpg

I assure it is indeed him, the half dozen pics I zoomed in on showed that split ear plain as day.

That is an awesome story I have followed since I first joined IAW.. I wish you the best of luck with him this year.

Simply awesome. How old is he? Deer like him really amaze me. He has survived this long with so many elements against him.

Nice buck! crazy to live 10 years in Sask with the snow, coyotes, hunters , roads! He's 1 in a million!

That is one of the neatest stories .... I always look forward to seeing a new post by you SASKGUY....they always have great detail and unbeliavable history! Good stuff right there! Thanks for the update!

Top Bottom