Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help with Scope!

Whatever you go with, I'll emphasize again, the use of blue Loc-Tite to secure ALL screws in place. The biggest problem with sighting issues tied to rings/bases is due to 1 or more screws coming loose, at least in my experience. Good luck!

To each his own to be sure, and I have never done this, but the rifle that I changed out a scope on last year (a weatherby 300 mag I got from a friend years ago) had had locktite put on the screws and they would NOT come loose. Had to take it to a gun smith to have the screws drilled out. Now the good thing was that the scope Never needed adjusting in the 10 years I had it that way...so up to you. But that is the first gun I ever had locktite on the threads, and I have never in 17 years had trouble with screws coming loose. But I use, and agree with the poster's use of, leupold mounts and rings, good quality stuff there.

I did an upgrade, took this old simmons and put on my new TC Impact, and got a new bushnell for the 300. As an earlier poster said, I had had eye relief problems in the past with the scope on the 300, with scars to prove it. And the first time I pulled the trigger on the ML on a deer...guess what? It kissed me between the eyes again. Not enough to do harm, but it got my attention :) Lotsa luck with your new ML.

Top Bottom