Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hobbies

BrewCrew

Our century old home has kept me very busy the last couple years as I have updated the floors, walls, plumbing, and electrical. I have also spent a lot of time drying and mounting turkeys for friends and family and building shed antler displays for friends. So besides just hunting, I also love to have some in home hobbies to keep me active and away from the tv.

The problem is this summer I will be hundreds of miles away from my farm and tools for 4 months in a small rental for some job training. I will need a new in home project of sorts so I was going to see if any of you might have some hobby ideas that are time consuming yet don't take up a ton of space. Post your hobbies here if you guys have any good ideas!

I like building turkey calls, there are lots of kits out there. I also have been dabbling in tackle crafting, pouring jigs and have enjoyed it. Both are relatively inexpensive and have a use if you hunt and fish. :D

Call Purr Fect Kit

Do-It Molds

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Our century old home has kept me very busy the last couple years as I have updated the floors, walls, plumbing, and electrical. I have also spent a lot of time drying and mounting turkeys for friends and family and building shed antler displays for friends. So besides just hunting, I also love to have some in home hobbies to keep me active and away from the tv.

The problem is this summer I will be hundreds of miles away from my farm and tools for 4 months in a small rental for some job training. I will need a new in home project of sorts so I was going to see if any of you might have some hobby ideas that are time consuming yet don't take up a ton of space. Post your hobbies here if you guys have any good ideas!

what kind of shed antler display? And you aren't going to have time for a hobby while you're out there! Gonna be working, working, and working some more! :)

TeenageHunter said:
Complete every farm boy challenge and or wing challenge, ect in a 60 mile radius of the town!

I tried looking it up on the internet and Google came back with one result of "WTF?"....

I'm young and I don't really understand but anyway I am fishing a lot and have gotten into whittling. Some expensive ones too RC car racing and truck mudding

I shoot bow, rifles & handguns and also getting into reloading as well as preparing/scouting for hunts. I also play quite a bit of golf in the warmer months.

Got into reloading a few years back. I can burn a whole day in the man cave reloading and not even thinking about it. It is actually therapy for me.:)

what kind of shed antler display? And you aren't going to have time for a hobby while you're out there! Gonna be working, working, and working some more! :)

Yeah I know I'll be busy and I'll probably be studying and spending time with the baby, but I always like to have some type of project going on at home.

The shed displays were pretty easy and ended up pretty cool, I found some really old peg ladders and I cleaned the paint off of them and stained and polyed them so they wouldn't flake in the house. On mine, its going to hang from the ceiling like a shop light and you can hang antlers on it anywhere.

In my man cave I installed a chair rail that runs halfway up the wall across the entire room and I have little hooks on it that I hang antlers on. I tend to mess with the sheds too much.

Alright, farm boy challenges have been around forever! Like a local Bar you might have eat 5 half pound cheeseburgers in 20 mins or take 5 shots of something in 1min. Buffalo Wild Wings for example! Y'know the hottest sauce on the scale? It's the Wing Challenge! You eat so many in a time period and get a picture on the wall and free wings for a month or something like that. My friend did it and he was crying. Quaker Steak and Lube has a Wing Challenge too. Another place I went you had to eat 2 pounds of Mac-n-Cheese, A piece of Pie, Two Half Pound Cheeseburgers, 2 Plates of Fries, 3 Mountian Dews, and a Giant Cookie (Costs $25 + tax to attempt it). That my dear friends is a farm boy or wing challenge.

OK Since we are talking food now. I love love to grill/smoke food on my BigGreenEgg.
Fun hobby. Gotta eat anyway, just as well eat the best.

Top Bottom