Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Homebrew build 101

[ QUOTE ]
p.s...for an extra 10 spot...can you kind of sit on TP's for awhile so I can catch up
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No cutting now, or you go to the back of the line! No soup for you!!

I sent Vman the whole package. I figured the Pelican should help protect the inards from the dang postal people.

[ QUOTE ]
No soup for you!!

[/ QUOTE ]

busted.gif
Gee...sure hope vman doesn't get the "return address's mixed up
evil.gif

Makes sense to send the whole package
waytogo.gif

Better just hand deliver it Paul.....only about an hour down the road for you. You could have it on a tree by Christmas morning
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
your in trouble dbltree I got his today!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang the luck! Next thing I know he'll be showing off pics...while I'm still putting mine together!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Aren't you off for the holidays ??
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your in trouble dbltree I got his today!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeeeet!

[/ QUOTE ]
icon_sumo.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I did all the same as you and bought all that stuff from hagshouse and I also ordered the trailsend precut 1040. I figure w/ that one being precut I can use it as my example for the uncut ones for the future that are cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT have you recieved any of your Hags House order yet?

I'm still waiting and I ordered/paid on the 12th
confused.gif

V-man.

I've been following this thread and I'm very interested. My problem has always been the "hack" on the camera. Small tools and soldering I'm no good with. It usually more like hammers and explosives. If you're still will to do the hack for a fee, I'm trying to get the camera, then I'll pick up the other goodies. Thought I better touch base with you first. Thanks for the help!

[ QUOTE ]
V-man.

I've been following this thread and I'm very interested. My problem has always been the "hack" on the camera. Small tools and soldering I'm no good with. It usually more like hammers and explosives. If you're still will to do the hack for a fee, I'm trying to get the camera, then I'll pick up the other goodies. Thought I better touch base with you first. Thanks for the help!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is vmans earlier post:

[ QUOTE ]
What im thinking is, send me the camera and the bg2. Ill send you back the camera and board all soldered up ready to go. The price will be $45 and that will include shipping back to you plus the parts i need to hack the cam. I would like to do it for less but its to easy to screw up a cam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and get your P41 and the list of items from Hagshouse and vman will do the hacking...get in line though!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No i haven't got mine yet. I figured since I just returned an email to him last week telling him what I had for a camera, that that is the reason for it being late.

If you haven't got yours I would email him or check your payment emails and see if maybe he needs more info.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No i haven't got mine yet. I figured since I just returned an email to him last week telling him what I had for a camera, that that is the reason for it being late.

If you haven't got yours I would email him or check your payment emails and see if maybe he needs more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif
Got my Hags order today!!
not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif

Bout time...after opening the mail box for the umpteenth time only to find another VS package (not all bad of course
evil.gif
)

Still waiting on my Trails End case though
crazy.gif

Not to worry TT...if I get my case I'll go real slow until you get your stuff...unlike that rascal TP
tongue.gif

How far did you say it was to Vmans place from mine Shredder??
evil.gif
evil.gif

If the USPS comes through, mine should be hanging over my corn plot tommorow night.
cool.gif

No pressure paul....
grin.gif

Seriously though, it shouldnt take too long with those pre cut cases. The first one took me forever, just because I was afraid I'd screw something up in the lay out of the case. I think I could do another P41 in waaaay less time the 2nd time around. Just take your time and ask questions on Hags, or bug Vman like I did!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif
Got my Hags order today!!
not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif

Bout time...after opening the mail box for the umpteenth time only to find another VS package (not all bad of course
evil.gif
)

Still waiting on my Trails End case though
crazy.gif

Not to worry TT...if I get my case I'll go real slow until you get your stuff...unlike that rascal TP
tongue.gif

How far did you say it was to Vmans place from mine Shredder??
evil.gif
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i've got it all!

Get to the back of the line doubletree!
grin.gif

Also Vman,
Is the hack and soldering that hard? I would personally be interested in how to do the hack myself rather than just sending it to you. Just seems like that's what making your own homebrew would involve.
If I get stumped or frustrated than I'll send her your way.

TT,
Its not rocket science by any means. The p41 and p32 are rather easy to hack. They are also easy to destroy. Thats my warning!
grin.gif

I encourage everybody to try it though. If you take your time it can be done. You just have to get over the fear of destorying that new camera. There are plenty of links on the hack which ill post soon. I also have some tricks i plan on posting as well.

Im offering the hack and soldering only as an option.

[ QUOTE ]
I've got it all!

Get to the back of the line doubletree!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you guys are ruthless!
grin.gif

Goodluck with the hacking TT
waytogo.gif

No way I'm I tackling that yet...I'm afraid I'd be stuck at the end of the line for a long long time...
crazy.gif

Next time I'm not going to tell you guys until I'm posting pics
smile.gif

Maybe I've already got more P41's on the way...
bootyshake.gif
grin.gif

I just got an email from Trails end. He placed a large order for cases about the same time as my order, left for vacation...returned to find that his order never got placed.

He reordered and is hoping to get mine out to me asap...although I don't look for it for another week maybe.

At least I know whats going on
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well,
What do you want to do first modify the cam or the case?

Heres a link to alot of usefull info.
web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets start w/ the case and then work to the harder stuff.

Tyler,
What camera are you going to be using?
I don't know whether to try a p41 or a cheaper model. What really scares me is destroying a p41 right out of the chute.

Top Bottom