Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many deer are shot off your section a year?

JUNIOR

I am just curious of how many deer are shot off the section your land sits on, (if you know what your neighbors have shot) per year/this year!?? I believe there were roughly 15 deer shot off the section my grandpas land sits on this year. 5 bucks (100's", 3 130's", and a 140's") and the rest does. I am lucky enough to beable to talk to our neighbors on what they harvest around the area and get a rough estimate. BigRackHunter if you see this, don't bother to correct me! :D there is the late season still goin on and we are in rifle country, so there still could be a couple more to count, but we don't go. What are you guys's numbers?

Last edited:
Three does and one buck on the private ground. The public...... who knows.

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

16 for our group between gun/bow. 3 bucks and the rest does. Not sure about the other big group in our area

In the square mile I hunt. I got a 156.5 in ten point. There was also another 150 ten, a 140 ten, a
140 nine, 120 eight and a 160 thirteen taken. Along with a 160 ten and a small six that were both poached..I don't know how many does.

Starting to worry if i'll even see a mature buck next year. That's a lot of bucks taken in this area

Very few, maybe one or two. The section is mostly ag. Now across the road on the river bottom.......

I only had one section ravaged. I have a little piece that's not for sale and an outfitter popped up against me - since nov 1 to jan 10 - I've never seen so many different vehicles hunting a tract, seen so many bucks disappear and see hunting go down the tubes so fast. Based on deer I follow hard that I think they shot- I'm going to guess 6 bucks, all but one were up and comers that did not reAch maturity. I'm guessing 6-7 does killed from other guys.

Not sure on total numbers. We usually get a couple off of our two farms each year. Neighbors take more than that but unsure on the number. We didn't take any this year. I had a few opportunities on does, but chose to hold out for a buck.

Southern VB county, our neighbor to the west took 32 deer off there land. Couple hundred acres. Almost all doe, one buck 148" . We took one deer during bow n one second gun.. not lookong forward to this yr. Gonna concentrate on one of my other spots I think..

Southern VB county, our neighbor to the west took 32 deer off there land. Couple hundred acres. Almost all doe, one buck 148" . We took one deer during bow n one second gun.. not lookong forward to this yr.

A farmer that hates deer in his corn ?

3 antlered bucks best being 146" 10 shot by me, 3 doe, 3 buttons that I am positive about. It's a 2mi n-s X 2mi e-w area with roads on perimeter and I can speak on behalf of about 70 percent of it. The herd within the sections seemed to vary anywhere from 50-70 deer.

A farmer that hates deer in his corn ?

They are farmers, but they didn't even pick their corn until after thanksgiving. . dont know that they "hate" deer. They enjoy hunting n have a small hunt shack. I think that they are just set in there ways n ignorant to what They are doing!!

Need I say more, two years in a row my two top hitlisters go down.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here was another I posted earlier that I called "screen saver" as soon as I got his picture he immediately became my screen saver on my computer. Thought he made it only to see his picture on Facebook on the first day of late ML.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Top Bottom