Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting the rain?

miff007

I have never shot a deer in the rain with a bow, I have always been afraid of loosing the blood trail and not finding the deer... Looks like high percentage rain chance Wednesday. How about you sit out the rain or go anyways?

Light rainy days in November are my favorite time to hunt. The hunting is flat out awesome. Down pours suck but the second it slows down or stops grab your bow and get ready. Like always you got to be sure of your shot selection and only shoot if you know you can kill it.

I go. Covers my scent trail real good and while some say deer don't move in the rain, I have seen many deer then, so I do it. Plus, My first deer killed with a bow came at age 15 during a mist and it had rained two days prior to that non-stop.

I love hunting in a light rain, my favorite time. Too heavy of a rain, forgot it until it quits. Make sure of you shot and watch closely.

Hunting in light rain or mist is a must. Downpour not so much, but when it lets up it is very very good. Killed my biggest buck to date on a misty morning.

Killed a doe last year in the rain. It would pour then light rain. I love hunting it as long as the stand had a top on it like mine did.

Mississippi redneck

Love Love to hunt in light rain as well. Have killed several bucks checking scrapes after or during the rain. Find a primary scrape and your in business.

Shot this buck on November 12th last year in a miserable rain storm...it would pour, then light rain, then just when you thought it was about to let up, here it'd start in again. Not only did I get a good buck, but I got a good reminder that I needed to upgrade my rain gear :D

BuckFront.jpg

You will find me in a stand on Wednesday afternoon...Rain, sleet, snow, or shine

I set 3 blinds up this year for rain. I got sick of sitting hours & hours in bitter rainy weather (yes, I go out) so I figured I'd at least be dry once I got to my spot. I am pumped for tomorrow no matter what comes down. I remember my college hunting buddies shaking their heads at me when I went out in the morning during a major lightning storm. Don't think I saw a lot during that time OR the the time I was in Kansas and almost was blown outta the tree during a lightning/wind storm. :)

So do you think the rain has any effect on your scent control? What I mean is, I really want to sit in my favorite stand tomorrow night but a North wind is the worst and guess what, its going to be a North wind tomorrow. Will the rain provide any cover?

So do you think the rain has any effect on your scent control? What I mean is, I really want to sit in my favorite stand tomorrow night but a North wind is the worst and guess what, its going to be a North wind tomorrow. Will the rain provide any cover?

They'll still get you IMO :)

Shot a nice one a few years ago in the rain. That was the year I bought a tree canopy and it worked nice. Only bad deal about Wednesday is the wind might be a little too high for my liking, I'm a no go in 20 mph winds. Colder weather is a plus though for sure.

I wouldn't hunt the wrong wind just because it is raining. You will still get busted........

Last year First weekend, Sunday it rained in the morning. Sat through it without seeing anything but as soon as the rain stopped thats when it all picked up. I had a nice 150's 10 that I couldn't get a shot at. My Brother knocked down a really nice 9 point and my dad knocked down a 186 1/8 10 pointer. I am really excited about it raining today as long as the wind stays down. Gonna sit the from noon on today.

Top Bottom