Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting the rain?

It was raining Sunday morning when I woke up to hunt. Decided to go anyway. Never did see anything that morning. I was thinking the entire time if I made the right call or not and considered what I would do if I were to shoot a deer. Think I would rather hunt in the rain on a morning sit than evening sit. At least I would have the rest of the day to track the deer. Leaving a deer overnight while it was raining would make it very difficult to track/find sign the next day. Didn't mind sitting in the rain as the temp was still okay. I own a ground blind and bought it mainly for rainy days but a couple of friends are borrowing it right now. Should be getting it back this week.

Who ever is out now in this $hit is a better man than me. Windy , rainy sleet is what's out my window as I type this post. Unlike most of your experiences, I have spent 1/2 dozen or more days in a tree during rain over the years and for the most part I have not seen squat. If your in a tree today, my kudos to your dedication, perseverence and persistance to the pursuit. Your rain gear has got to be better than mine.

Tomorrow, now that is a different story. Finally should be able to get into those deeper spots without sounding like a bulldozer. :way: We needed this moisture for a multitude of reasons.

Who ever is out now in this $hit is a better man than me. Windy , rainy sleet is what's out my window as I type this post. Unlike most of your experiences, I have spent 1/2 dozen or more days in a tree during rain over the years and for the most part I have not seen squat. If your in a tree today, my kudos to your dedication, perseverence and persistance to the pursuit. Your rain gear has got to be better than mine.

Tomorrow, now that is a different story. Finally should be able to get into those deeper spots without sounding like a bulldozer. :way: We needed this moisture for a multitude of reasons.

I'd be hunting if it wasn't for our District Volleyball game in Atlantic. Can't wait, I don't have good rain gear, just lots of clothes :way:

TeenageHunter said:
I'd be hunting if it wasn't for our District Volleyball game in Atlantic. Can't wait, I don't have good rain gear, just lots of clothes :way:

I didn't know you played volleyball? :)

Yeah with the high winds and heavy rain today I can't see there being any deer activity. Tomorrow, on the other hand, looks to be a dandy day to be out.

Hunted in wind and rain this morning till 9:00 seen 0. Going back our now to try decoy and turnip patch till dark.

Top Bottom