Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I guess its a house cat???

Holy Smokes!!!! A house cat. What do you guys use for litter boxes out there??? If that's a house cat then I'd hate to see how big your mountain lions are. We have the same issues here in Maine with our DNR. Over the years there have been numerous sightings and pictures taken of mountain lions and they still deny that there are any in Maine. Not sure why but they do.

Shouldn’t it be considered a barn cat, rather than a house cat? If it is a house cat where’s the collar and what have the owners been feeding it so that the house cat would be mistakenly identified as a mountain lion?

Where is Newell anyway?

Let's be safe and just call it a "mountain cat" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I think the whole thing is fishy. How does the DNR know?????

I know one thing for sure, if it was me taking tha pic I would have walked out and taken pictures of the tracks too.

The lack of pictures of tracks in itself makes me pretty suspicious.

Don't take my comments as a slam at the DNR. Ron Andrews and I go back over 20 years and I have the utmost repect for him. I have worked with him on several projects in the past and spent a lot of time with him on a professional level and I really trust his judgement, but this whole thing really kinda blows me away. I am surprised that he would come to the conclusion that it's not a housecat that easily.

After reading the article again, I suspect that the writer of the article put his own spin on Andrews' comments. Or possibly misinterpreted it. I really can't see Ron being that blunt about it.

That's my $.02

I think the fencepost and trees in the picture really show the size of this "cat". Had the cat been in a picture alone it would be hard to tell its real size. But with that fence post in that picture I sure would not want to pay for the cat food on that cat..............

OK, so let's analyze this. Here's the pic:

newellmountainlion.jpg

If it was Photoshopped, everything goes out the window but if not, there's NO WAY this can be explained as a house cat. Take a look at the perspective of the fence post. Now imagine what a house cat would look like standing right next to the post. I don't think it would look as big as the cat in the pic even if you moved it down there let alone when it's at least 50-100 yards on the other side of it. A house cat would look like a speck on that hill.

Top Bottom