Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Fishing in Minnesota

I spent 3 days on Mille Lac last winter. 6 guys fishing and ZERO walleyes. No way I will go to Mille Lac any time soon! There were so many YOY perch on the cameras it was sick. Those perch are still very edible to the walleyes this year too. I wouldnt recommend going there this year either.

Lake of the Woods all the way...

I give Ballards a vote just because the guy that runs it is from my hometown and they have an awesome bus-trip package several times a year from different locations in Iowa. Most are a 3day/4night trip and include everything except alcohol. All resorts are within staggering distance as Ballards is centrally located amongst all the resorts. Plus Jennie, one of the bartenders...is easy on the eyes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Luke Haugland</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Last year perch hatch was great so I went to big winny, and stayed around home more. </div></div>

Lake Winnibigosh (Winny) also has quite a few resorts that do sleepers on the ice or cabins.

Been to McQuoids's Inn on Mille Lacs several times in the winter. They have nice accomodations on the lake, but we have never had much luck fishing. But to the lakes credit, you can't expect to catch a lot of fish with 6 guys card playing and drinking in a shack that you cannot move.

As bowhuntr said, Winnibigoshish has nice cabins and ice shacks also, and we have had much better luck with the fish too.

Great winnie places.......Four Seasons /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Beckers
McCardles
Judd's

all great to stay at!

Top Bottom