Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you could relocate,

Deer or no deer, Iowa is where I call home, my wife calls home, and more importantly, where my kids call home. So I'm staying.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

My parents lived in Montana for 10 years. I've pretty much seen all the Western states and Montana would work for me.

I would never move East of the Mississippi and really feel sorry for people living in the East coast states.

But, when it comes right down to it, I'm exactly where I want to spend my life...SE IOWA!
waytogo.gif

I would have to pick a state with mulies, blacktails, whitetails, elk, salmon, trout, and bears. I would have to pick Washington state.

I chose Iowa after the Corps and I'm happy with my decision! Hunting, fishing and education for my daughter were 3 huge deciding factors. I grew up on the East, I've visited or atleast been through 4/5th of all the states(not extreme SE or NW thoughh). Colorado was pretty, NE states weren't bad(Brady and the Patriots though, yuck), Mississippi, Luisiana and Texas area wasn't bad(Bourbon street rocks, but eventually I will get old), West coast, I really miss fishing for tuna, alot of places to go and see. Quite found of S Cali, but I didn't want to argue with my daughter when she turns ten about short mini-skirts, make-up and late night bonefires.

Iowa is were it is at right now, strangers don't give you the evil eye and actually wave back. More than one will stop to help a stranded motorist, for the 99% you don't have to worry about it being a trap. Always people willing to lend a helping hand. I'm sure there are a few Mid-west states that have people with good moral and ethical character a;so though. The borders(all sides not just literally Canadian and Mexican) of the US have way to many people. Canada doesn't have enough people.

Sorry little long when I could have simply said. I do not regret moving to Iowa, not even the area that I am in.

[ QUOTE ]
If I could it would have to be Alaska. With bears and moose,and great fishing what more could a guy ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no comparison. I'd give up the whitetails without question to move back up there. When a guy can hunt 4 or 5 big game animals a year on a $25 license it's a no brainer. And in-between spring and fall seasons you can fish all summer long until your arms fall off reeling in all kinds of salmon. Forget anywhere in the lower 48. If the wife ever gets tired of me wining about wanting to go back and finally says yes we'll be packing the next day.
grin.gif

If there were more opportunities for my type of work in SC Iowa, I would already be there. From Iowa, it wouldn't be that bad of a drive out west to hunt elk, etc. Second choice would be North Central Mizzu

I would like to stay in the midwest. I live in Southern Wisconsin now but someday when the kids are out of the house would not mind to move to Southern Iowa and enjoy my retirement. I was there last year for the first time and loved it. Very down to earth and really nice and friendly people. You guys should be proud.

i was born and raised in california but i moved to iowa to play ball back there and i absolutly loved it since then ive moved back to california. ive hunted in montana, idaho and utah but there is nothing like sitting in my stand in the middle of the hardwoods in iowa chasing the monster whitetails of iowa. there is no other place on earth id rather be....

I'd move next to HCH. He's got sooooooo much quality land to hunt that I'd surely be able to skim some off him!
grin.gif

LMAO
grin.gif
I'll take you on a river, public land hunt with my new walltent. Landowners are never into me bringing others onto their land.
nono.gif

7 miles north of where I'm at now. Someday I want to build a house on my parents home farm where I grew up.

Geez, I hope you guys all don't get your wish. I'd really have a hard time getting land to hunt then. J/K

That's sweet Chip. It must have been killing you living over there.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would move near the little town of Decorah in NE Iowa, I love the town, people and area!

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd make room for ya Ryan, but only if you bring along Tracey.......
evil.gif

Well, I grew up in southeast Iowa and that's were all my family is, but I moved to Johnson County for my job. I really like the Coralville area and the people up here. I just miss having the family farm right out my back door to hunt. If it wasn't for work, I guess I would rather be in southeast Iowa near all the hickabilly redneck's in Missouri.

There is good and bad wherever you go,,but if I had a check coming in the mail each month and could live anywhere, it would be near the Mountains. Wide open big spaces. Iowa is nice but I like seeing big country. I have spent time in WY, Montana, and British Columbia. You get too high too much snow, too low,,too dry,,but I visited a valley once in the Absorka Range of Wy. The valley got little snow, not real cold, but there were spectacular snow peaks everywhere, and an easy hike up to them. Just about Heaven in my book.

Top Bottom