Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

In Case You Havn't Heard...

dc240nt

PMA Member
Paper work and score sheet have been submitted to B&C for a Whitetail taken a few years ago in Wisconsin. Entry score is 224 gross, 218 net...Typical!
It has a controversial point and this single point will make it or break it. Time will tell.

sounds like the buck shot this year in sheboygan county. my cousins hunt a quarter mile from where it was shot. the questionable tine is from my understanding is it a fork or coming off the main beam

it looks like the right g2 has a big fork on it.i dont see it going typical.giant buck though.

The Decker buck was a non typical scoring on the 230's. The Sheboygan deer was scored completely wrong and isnt even close to being 224 typical or even 200 typical for that matter.

The deer I posted about is just coming to the publics attention. It was taken a few years ago in Wisconsin. It will be known as the "Johnny King" buck.

Under B&C's broken-beam rule, the resulting deductions knock this nearly gross 220-incher down to barely even qualifying for their book.

What am I missing here? When did B&C start allowing repaired racks into the books?
I've repaired enough racks to know that when putting a beam back on, a tiny fraction off at the repair can throw the spread measurement off by 1/8's. So small of error isn't even noticeable. The forked tine in my opinion is a moot point.
Heck of a buck, maybe could of been a new record, but in my opinion it shouldn't be allowed in because of the repair.
This is coming from a guy that would love to see the Hansen buck dethroned, but I don't want it done with a questionable judgement.

Top Bottom