Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

!!! Independence Iowa Buck Stolen !!!

NebraskaWhitetail

I was personally informed this afternoon by Brian Andrews of Independence, Iowa, that the mount of his new Iowa state record non-typical whitetail was stolen from his home in Independence this past weekend. Brian is asking anyone with information about the theft to contact the Buchanan County Sheriff's Department at (319) 334-2567

Here is the newspaper story from the Waterloo/Cedar Falls Courier about the theft:
http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2004/06/24/news/top_news/218046c60556cc6a86256ebd0050879e.txt

Below are several photos of the buck and the rack for reference.

Please past this information along to other message boards and help get the word out. Hopefully someone will be able to help Brian get his buck back!

3300Brian_Andrews_NT.jpg

3300Brian_Andrews_NT_rack.jpg

Wow what a buck!! That's terrible to hear. I hope they find out who took it.

How low can some people get before the flames of hell burn them up? I hope he gets the deer back and the thief goes to prison for a long time....that is about like murder

UNFREAKENBELIEVABLE!!!!!Have no idea how someone could stoop so low.With that size of rack it will come up somewhere.........

Good God!!! I cant believe that happened. I hope that they find it and the person(s) resposible. That is a once in a lifetime trophy. I cant imagine how he feels right now.

It would be like stealing a famous painting. You would have to put it where no one else could ever view it. Unbelievable Dirtbags!!

That sucks!!! Sorry to hear about it.
mad.gif
People have no respect for anything. I am constantly running into "Sorry you can't hunt here" "The last guy left my gates open and let my cattle out"

I always did figure if I was lucky enough some day to kill a buck of that caliber I would do much as Tony L. did with his. Keep it long enough to get it listed, then sell it to some big collector for more than I would disclose. Be happy with possibly a re pro, or maybe even a studio quality picture or two, and go on with life. This is exactly the reason why. The average home cannot be secured enough to protect something such as this. If people are willing to pay 6 figures for heads like that, even at $0.10 on the dollar, that is $10,000.00 for a stolen head. More than enough to tempt a lot of people. I sincerely hope justice is served and the perps caught.

What morons!!! How do they think they will be able to resell it? Anyone who is a serious collecter will know this deer. I have a feelingthe young man will be getting his head back and the crooks will be going to jail! Obviously, they are not to bright!
mad.gif

What kind of scum would do something like that I hope they find who did it and they get sent away for a long time. There is nothing more that pisses me off than stuff like this.
rambo.gif
cloud.gif
30570-chair.gif

That's terrible. I got to meet this young man and his father at the classic in Des Moines. I thought it was fantastic that such a deer was harvested by a BOW from someone who is that young!

My guess, like most others, is that it will turn up somewhere. But in the meantime, I'm sure those folks are feeling some grief and anxiety.

About the time the Kansas City Cabela's store opened up, they had a world class muley head go missing. Kansas City media hit it pretty hard and eventually a local attorney brought the head back in...with a point or two broken off!

Hope nothing like that happens this time.

MO
confused.gif

DEER AMBER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE KEEP THERE EYES OPEN YOU NEVER EVER KNOW WHERE YOU MIGHT END UP SEEING THIS BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntn4life88
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

Good advice!

Everybody can help out by right clicking on the pics I posted, saving them and then printing them out to post at your local hunting shops and taxidermists. Things like this are usually recovered from leads at the 'grassroots' level, and that's here we all can play a part. Keep your eyes and ears open, and report any leads to the sheriff's office at the number listed above. Here's another picture of the buck:
3300Brian_s_Buck.jpg

My god! Who what when where and what the hell happend. that is just not right, that should not happen, like you know the sun will come up, you know that you can go home and show your buck. my heart gose out to the kid and just to tell him that there bigger fish in the sea (not many) and to go out and show the bad guys that this did not nock you down

Top Bottom