Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowawhitetail Poll *****READ THIS*****

Big Timber

To all Members, (new/old)
A new topic came up on the site about your status as a member or new member (This is what is listed under your screen name). Tony and I were thinking about taking a vote to change this to a "Buck Status" When you have under 20 posts you are a "spike".....20-40 posts you are an eight point and so on. I'll let Tony decide on how many posts qualify you into each category. Here are some possible categories.
1. (Button Buck/Spike)
2. (Eight Point/er)
3. (10 point/er)
4. (12 point/er)
5. (14 point/er)
6. (Non-Typical?) Any suggestions?

Please take the time to vote on this subject. Vote yes to change the old status, and No to keep the old status. Any ideas are appreciated.

BT

I kind've like the "new member" or "member" thing basically because when you're new it makes things clearer than the antler point idea. Of course I understand the having fun point of everything so I'll just put in a vote for the antler point idea...I don't really care since I'm learning something new about everytime I log on. =) Take it easy.

MW

I just looked again at the settings and it shows...

Admin

I think if I converted to the lastest version of this software we could have more choices. For now it looks like 2 maybe 3 choices, darn... I kinda liked the antler idea.

Can we still do with 2 or 3? I will update software in January to make this Conference even better. You guys make the call, we can still do it if the votes say too.

TLH

Of course they'll post just about anything to "grow their antlers". After all, the bigger they are the more they're worth! Just kidding. (My antlers are bigger then yours) It sounds ok to me. This is far and away the best site I've seen and I hope it continues; whether I'm a member or a monster non-typical with double drop tines! Maggs.

I like the point system, but agree that members need to police themselves to keep up the quality of the posts. Let's roll!

The antler system sounds good to me too. I just stumbled across this site a little while back and I am hooked.

Keep up the good work!

AJ
"Who is still haunted by the snorts of the doe that spooked away that nice 10-pointer"

Sounds good to me, as long as my huntin buddies don't find out I'm a spike, they'll
rag me to the grave! Sounds like fun !

Steve

Any chance of the moderator or admin guy could assign points? They could judge if the posts were worth gaing points for points. I don't think my posts are worth much and should't be counted as heavily as some of the posters who know what they are talking about. For me to be a "Ten Pointer" just for running my mouth is not the same as somebody offering good advice. Lots 'o work for the admin guys though. And by the way, thanks for the work you do. I have learned so much from this site that every time I log on I feel humbled by the years of experience and the willingness of the posters to share that experience. Sounds like I'm running for an elected office or something. Oh yeah, as long as I'm on a roll, how 'bout a spell checker? Its better to be thought a fool than make a post full of misspellings and remove all doubt. Guess I slept through most of my grammer school classes too.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom