Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Just an Idea

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
I hope you all have the fever. Because I just cleared a space on my bedroom wall for the clock and got to thinking.

How about everyone post a picture of there favorite turkey kill... Or their favorite turkey picture. Anything you got to keep us busy.

Too many for a favorite but here is a few of them...

Video from last year...

Dad's biggest bird.

26CE42002.jpg

South Dakota
26msd101.jpg

Oklahoma
26OklahomaDouble.jpg

Nebraska
26HanginLC.jpg

Kansas
2699KSthreebeard.jpg

My first bird. I am still think of myself as a rookie at turkey hunting and worked really hard at getting one. I was sicker than crap and it was in the mid 80's that day. Hopefully this year I can get my first with a bow.

4185Picture_010.jpg

Here you go gundog-

It was my second year turk hunting and still felt like I didn't know what I was doing. I could get gobblers to respond and start to come in but never commit. I went out in the morning and didn't have any luck and went back and took a nap and had some lunch and went back out about 1:00. I located three toms and set up in a small piece of timber next to a pond. About 20 minutes into calling I notice a tom walking away from me about 150 yards out. I keep doing some suttle calling and then I didn't hear anything for about the next 20-30 minutes. I had a bad sinus infection and my throat was on fire but I thought I would give it another 30 minutes so I started to do some cutting and all of a sudden I hear two gobbles about 50 yards out and look to my left and here they come running right to me. The see my decoys and stop and start to strut and I let the one on the right have it. Of course he bounces off the hill and lands in the pond and I had to take a swim to get him. But it was worth it!

Here are my two NE birds from last year.....
1 shortbeard

DSC04555.JPG

1 longbeard

DSCN0632.JPG

and my only Iowa bird from 2007

TurkeyPic_2_.jpg

Picture069.jpg

haven't ever really hunted them, but did shoot this one during Bow season a few years ago at about 70 yards! It was one of those blind hog luck shots!

Andy,
what the heck is up with your outfit????

you are a pure-bred Window licker.....

Here is a turkey i got on public land on my B-Day.

446B-Day_Turkey_005.jpg

My first bow bird!

446IMG_00250.JPG

Me and my Dad doubled and it was his first bird. I will never forget this hunt!

446IMG_00260.JPG

Took my cousin out youth season for his first bird!
4462006_Turkey_002.jpg

I wish I had some from when I was a young pup. but they are all 35 mm I will try to get those up but for now.

This was a bird from last year first season. I called 5 jakes away from about 30 birds and they ran about 150 yards and hung around for a bout 1/2 hour and I couldnt take it any more. This was my first evening bird.

2177DSCN0551.jpg

MY first bow bird. Was and unreal mid morning hunt. I passed him the day before with two jakes with my recurve too far. Called him and his two idiot friends in the next morning.
2177100_0108.jpg

another of public land bow bird. double beard.
2177100_0112.jpg

This last one was huge for me. It is another public land bird, but this one is without a blind. I dunno why but it was a huge victory for me. I worked this bird and chased him from that morning till about 430. took him an hour and a half to cover the last 150 yards. it was killer though and well worth it!!!

2177100_1073.jpg

Here are a few for you to enjoy..

I am the stud on the right. notice tays buddy. this was some of the first years turkey hunting
n502324958_51530_5675.jpg

SUCCESS!!
n502324958_51545_7824.jpg

Heres one more. This was my first mature bird... shot him with a shotgun, I think I was fifteen. I was on a jake whacking streak before this. It was tough to break that. I have some pics that are a lot more fun of when we were little at my parents.

Photo_28.jpg

awesome video Limb! That's some good stuff! Had something similar last year but blew the shot!! (and not that anyone remembers but GrandSlam02 was my partner and he won the individual with a 3 bearded tom and if I would have even dropped a small Tom we would have topped them all...but we can give thanks to my poor shooting!!)

Here is some kills from the last 2 years.

South Dakota 2006
SD06.JPG

Nephew and I 2007 2nd season
SECOND07.JPG

Nephew and I 2007 4th season
NEPH07.JPG

Kansas 2007
KSTURK1.JPG

4th season 2007
FORTH07.JPG

1st season 2007
FIRST07.JPG

Youth season 2007
IMG_00031.jpg

Friend and I Kansas 2007
KSTURK2.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a few for you to enjoy..

I am the stud on the right. notice tays buddy. this was some of the first years turkey hunting
n502324958_51530_5675.jpg

SUCCESS!!
[image]http://</div></div>

Hey man, "Pound Puppies" were cool! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Post a picture for a man and help him out one day. Teach him to post and you get a flood of pictures!

Nice pics wapsiguy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I got this one 2 years ago. I actually set my alarm wrong the night before. So i ended up on my field edge an hour earlier than normal. Got to watch a couple skunks walk past my feet in the darkness. After sitting there about 45 minutes i looked back and saw a bunch of birds roosted not more than 15 yards behind me. Thank god i got there early. They all flew down in front of me and i shot this one 5 seconds after he hit the ground. My first bird in first season took me an hour to get, my second bird 4th season took me 5 seconds to get. And of course last year i ate tag soup.

The same year my 16 year old son shot an Illinois bird just across the river from here that was a couple ounces shy of 30 pounds. Biggest bird i have ever seen.

Spring20062.jpg

Top Bottom