Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas Turks... (FINAL HUNT ADDED!!! "Tommy Tags Out")

@Liv, pix are from cell so they do appear quite a ways. The Jake was set at 10 yards. We had him closer, but we thought he was hard to see with the taller grass that was surrounding him.

3 AM sucks after going yo bed at 11:30... Ug

At least you're up this early to go hunting.I'm up to go to work.
Congrats on the birds. You guys are kickin' butt.
Its been fun to follow.Now get out there and fill that last tag.
Good luck!

Congrats on the good success!! That looks like fun and it is an entertaining read from back here in Iowa!

It's another beautiful day here in Kansas. The birds were gobbling good and set to do the same as yesterday, but a few minutes prior to legal shooting light some other guy set up his blind 30 yards from us.... I was livid, especially since we were out there 1.5 hours early... We chose to stick it out.

Two jakes finally gobbled and strutted their way into bow range. Being the Jake-killer I am, not to mention with some inconsiderate guy just a few yards from out set up, I decided to let him have it... Except I missed low... I want my 10 ga.

We made a tactical adjustment and have high hopes for this afternoon and evening... We'll see....

3f6e9d30.jpg

Nap time...

You were plainly visible and he still sat up on you? I'd have said screw the turkeys and been out of the blind and in his.

We decided to make an aggressive tactical adjustment and we moved back near the roost trees. I have a lot of confidence that this will work, but if not we are a few yards from the crick and can easily slip out after dark. If worse comes to worse, we'll try to sneak back in here in the morning....

73db3a00.jpg

Ur 1st page reminds me of the looks of my college dorm room filled with all my junk. Hope you slay em!

Nothing beats a textbook morning hunt but I sure do love sitting next to roost trees for the evening hunt..

Well.... No dice. Ran into three other hunters, but 50 birds rooster 50 yards from us and we managed to get out undetected and we have a great wing to quiet our access for the morning. Going for broke tomorrow, it's officially Jake-30 :D

Top Bottom