Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Landowner question

Rauk42

Hey guys this spring I bought my first piece of ground, I did my application for a land owners on the DNR website. I buy a regualr bow tag and muzzy tag every year. My question is can I get land owners for bow and late muzzy as well just for my land? This is all new to me, thanks!

Hey guys this spring I bought my first piece of ground, I did my application for a land owners on the DNR website. I buy a regualr bow tag and muzzy tag every year. My question is can I get land owners for bow and late muzzy as well just for my land? This is all new to me, thanks!

Yes. You can

You can only get one any sex tag for your land of the season of your choice. Unlimited reduced fee doe tags until the county quota is met.

If you have the time to do it, I would get an any sex landowner shotgun tag and hunt that as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can use your landowner tag for both shotgun seasons. You may be single come January but that's the way I would go.

If you have the time to do it, I would get an any sex landowner shotgun tag and hunt that as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can use your landowner tag for both shotgun seasons. You may be single come January but that's the way I would go.

This is correct.

So in other words get my any sex bow tag an no land owners for bow, get my land owners tag for slug season then get my any sex tag for late muzzy? Does this sound right to you guys? If a guy was lucky enough can take three bucks in a year?

So in other words get my any sex bow tag an no land owners for bow, get my land owners tag for slug season then get my any sex tag for late muzzy? Does this sound right to you guys? If a guy was lucky enough can take three bucks in a year?

That is what I do. That way I can hunt all the seasons.

Yep. Sounds right to me.

Landowner's get 5 tags: 1 any sex for whichever season they choose (shotgun good for both seasons, only one deer to be tagged), 1 antlerless for any of the seasons except January antlerless, 2 antlerless for any season including January antlerless, and 1 antlerless for January antlerless. January antlerless assumes you are in one of the counties having that season. If you happen to have a qualifying tenant, they can get the same tags in addition to yours I believe. So you could take 3 antlered bucks off of that property in one year.

Yes, as long as one of your paid any sex tags is an archery tag, you can potentially get three bucks a year.

Keep in mind:

"Qualifying Land
Land must be used for agricultural purposes and gain or enrolled in a set aside program to be eligible for Landowner-Tenant licenses. A landowner with two or more acres who is not receiving financial gain from the land is not eligible for Landowner-Tenant licenses. Having a garden, mowing the lawn or planting landscaping trees does not qualify."

I once even had a DNR officer say that you must make some stupid percentage of your yearly income off the land, something like 40%, but I have yet to find that in writing anywhere. I think he was just blowing smoke.

Keep in mind:

"Qualifying Land
Land must be used for agricultural purposes and gain or enrolled in a set aside program to be eligible for Landowner-Tenant licenses. A landowner with two or more acres who is not receiving financial gain from the land is not eligible for Landowner-Tenant licenses. Having a garden, mowing the lawn or planting landscaping trees does not qualify."

I once even had a DNR officer say that you must make some stupid percentage of your yearly income off the land, something like 40%, but I have yet to find that in writing anywhere. I think he was just blowing smoke.

There is no % of income. The land has to be in some type of farming practice.

Pretty sure landowner OR tenant get the tags, NOT BOTH.

I think it depends on the rental agreement. Entire farm cash rented out, only tenant gets the tags. If only part of the farm is rented, or if the landowner still helps in farming decisions/practices, then both get the tags. Also if the tenant is the adult child of the landowner, then both get the tags. That's how I'm reading the regs anyway. Maybe I'm missing something tho, and wouldn't be surprised if I am. Doesn't apply to me anyway, so I guess if I'm wrong, no harm.

I could be wrong, but doesn't your landowner tag have to be in a season you are hunting with another any sex tag. Just saying I am pretty sure you can not get buck tags in 3 different seasons even with your landowner. They might have changed that but that's how I thought it use to be.

I could be wrong, but doesn't your landowner tag have to be in a season you are hunting with another any sex tag. Just saying I am pretty sure you can not get buck tags in 3 different seasons even with your landowner. They might have changed that but that's how I thought it use to be.

If it ever was that way, it's not now, nor has it been for the past 25 years that I have qualified as a landowner.

If it ever was that way, it's not now, nor has it been for the past 25 years that I have qualified as a landowner.

It can be any season you want it to be regardless of your other tags. Its good for the entire shotgun season as well.

That is correct - get your landowners tag for shotgun season and its good for both shotgun seasons.

Top Bottom