Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Muzzleloader Movement Update

Haven't seen a deer over 2 years of age and have only seen two I f those. Does aren't even coming out til after dark. Been walking during the day and seeing nothing. Dead here in Shelby county.

Hunted Madison this am and seen zippo. Hope to make it out again Sunday night and Monday morning and afternoon...

Hunted next to a bedding area this morning. Two 2.5 yr old bucks came off the fields into the timber about 7:30. Saw a couple does getting bumped in the bedding thicket but couldn't tell if it was a buck or one of the yotes I had been seeing during the rut hunts in this area.

Hunted tonight and seen a load of deer. And a magnun shooter that ill be setup for tomorrow. I was in a spot where I normally see 7-10 deer and I seen 19 tonight in this spot. There were others on this farm that seen more then normal numbers too so id say they were on the move tonight with the front coming in.

Havent seen much sitting.Went for a ride about daylight the other morning, drove dang near 40 miles much of it through places there should be tons of deer, seen one doe the entire morning.Pretty sad state of affairs here.

I only saw 3 does last night, sat about 20 yards from a large section of cut corn. Went out mostly to observe, but of course brought the smoke pole.

On the drive home I took the "back roads" and saw a lot of does and 3 bucks none over the age of 3. They were all moving and it was right at last light, pretty typical with the warm temps. Hope to get out tomorrow and next weekend maybe then I am done.

Will wait to Feb. and start putting cams back out along with mineral.

Didn't see anything last night sitting on a cut bean field. With this wind today I don't think I'll make it out.

I'm sitting on a corn plot right now. Wind is howling and I'm hopeing my blind stakes are long enough

3:51 on beans. 2 does so far. I am thinking 4:45 on will b most of movement?

Out with my buddy on a cut bean field. Already 10 does and 2 small bucks. Earliest movement I've seen so far this year.

didn't hunt this evening but while driving around saw 12 deer out in a picked bean field and another 3 deer in a picked corn field. most deer i've seen since november. i still have yet to fill my archery tag this year and i'm trying to decide if i should go out in the morning or not. i have to work tomorrow but not until noon. anybody else going to brave the 24mph winds and cold temps (will feel like -5)? what if i was to shoot a deer tomorrow but had to get on the road and drive back home to get to work? i'm 45 minutes away from my hunting property... looking for advice!

Can't kill anything by sitting @ home. However, the deer have been bedding prior to shooting light from what I've been noticing.

I haven't been hunting but on Friday morning at 9:39am I pulled over on hwy 218 and watched a 140 10pter and 130s 8 pter sparring in a grassy ditch. Looked like pre-rut action. They would just look at each other, spar a little bit, look around then go at it again, nothing agressive. I have been seeing a lot more out in the fields, timber edges in the morning versus evenings when driving all over for work.

Goodluck guys!!

Hunted down in SW Iowa for a few days and not much was moving. Saw quite a few does and a few small bucks. Looking at trail cam pics the mature bucks were moving before first light and late at night.

Top Bottom