Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone wolf alpha hook or batwing which is easier?

N

NEARK0607

I have only used my lone wolf a few times, and I was wonder which you all prefer to use the hook or the batwing? I normally don't hunt the same tree over and over.

Re: Lone wolf alpha hook or batwing which is easie

For me the hook system is much easier than trying to hang on to the stand and bring the strap around the tree. Take your hook up with the last stick attach the hook pull the stand up hang it on the hook and then cam lock the platform down using the second strap.

[ QUOTE ]
For me the hook system is much easier than trying to hang on to the stand and bring the strap around the tree. Take your hook up with the last stick attach the hook pull the stand up hang it on the hook and then cam lock the platform down using the second strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how my wife likes to do it as well.
grin.gif
I just use both of the versa buttons. The important thing is you get your system down and get comfortable with it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This is how my wife likes to do it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I taught her.
angel.gif

Has anyone had any problems with the stand popping when using the hook? Ive noticed when I use the hook and go to look over one shoulder and then the next while still sitting or any one side to the other weight transfer the stand pops and it seems to be coming from where the hook connects with the stand.

Joe,
I was getting that with the little plastic washer that the older stands had for the seat adjustment. If you put the new seat kit on they will pop with the old washer/seat adjuster deal... Very annoying and very fixable by calling LW and getting a new washer. It will take care of the problem.

I went nuts trying to figure out what was happening. And, I still aint right.

[ QUOTE ]
And, I still aint right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never were, never have been, never will be!
evil.gif

I use both versa buttons. I am really fat and like the extra sense of security.
grin.gif

I use the buttons right now but ill have to try it with the hook. The buttons are rock solid and no noise. Not sure on the hook yet. GOOD LUCK!!!

Limb,
Ill take a look at the seat but its not the old seat its a new stand just got it last year and it has the new style seat.

[ QUOTE ]
Limb,
Ill take a look at the seat but its not the old seat its a new stand just got it last year and it has the new style seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat in my Lone Wolf for the first time this year on Sunday. I had it pop 3 or 4 times while on stand. This is a new stand last year and I'm using the batwing with both straps on stand (no hook). Never popped once last year.

I forgot to inspect it when I took it down but while on stand I looked and I think it was coming from that plastic washer that the seat adjustment hits like Limb said.

Scared the bigeeshes out of me a few times. The first time I was just sitting back down after a stretch and I almost fell out of the stand.
shocked.gif

I'll inspect further tomorrow and I have to order some more hooks and straps for a few people so I'll see what they say.

They changed the washers this year. The last couple of years they will pop. Call and tell them to throw them in the mail to you. They should have addressed it with the seat kit but I would imagine it went unnoticed for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
I had it pop 3 or 4 times while on stand. This is a new stand last year

[/ QUOTE ]

My Silent Partner wasn't so silent either. It was popping as I shifted weight on the seat.
frown.gif
I have a new Assault, will have to check out the washers I guess. I couldn't figure out if it was that or the V bracket rubbing on the tree. I wasn't using the hook attachment.

Muddy was having the same problem with his, I about had to kick him out of the tree because it popped so many times, will have to tell him to get the new washers.

Kratz

just send them an e-mail. they sent me new washer`s for free. took about a week. got the older alpha with the new seat.

I must be the only one, but I use the batwing and still use the hook to hang the stand, just leave a little bit of slack in the hook strap. I still use the top button with a 2nd strap to get everything tight. I basicly use the batwing just to get the seat farther from the tree, more comfy to me.
Nobody else does this?

[ QUOTE ]
Muddy was having the same problem with his, I about had to kick him out of the tree because it popped so many times, will have to tell him to get the new washers.

Kratz

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this about 5 minutes ago and I contacted LW about 1 minute ago, we should be golden now. Thank God.

So you're not supposed to use the batwing and the hook at the same time? I was wondering, because after a hunt I notice that my hook strap is loose and the batwing is an inch away from the tree.

Do you guys use the straps that come with the stand or do you use your own rachet straps?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys use the straps that come with the stand or do you use your own rachet straps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Straps that come with the stand.

Top Bottom