Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looked at the new Dark Horse

GOLDTIP

Life Member
Went to Cabelas today and got to look at the new DB dark horse in person. I think i like it! Very dark inside. I like the camo a lot better in person than I do in pictures. I like the way the netting is in the front side also. you can take it completely off if you want. Anybody else seen it up close yet?

Not up close, just the pictures. Camo pattern just turns me off. Looks like it will become one big blob at 50+ yards, but that's just my opinion.

Kinda what I was of afraid of too Mudd, but it's much better in person, not near as dark as I thought it was!

I looked at one at Scheels last weekend. I don't know if it was just the lighting in the store, but the camo pattern appeared to have quite a profound yellow tint to it. I guess you could say that I was less than impressed with the camo color.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the camo is good. I am also going to own one soon... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

What don't you own? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I don't understand why anybody that owns a Matrix would buy a Dark horse. The Matrix is a much better blind! If you want to sell your Matrix Limb let me know! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't understand why anybody that owns a Matrix would buy a Dark horse. The Matrix is a much better blind! If you want to sell your Matrix Limb let me know! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I agree Derek. I'm going to buy another Matrix just to have a back-up.

I think I would like the dark horse much better. The matrix sucks for shooting out of the small windows. It appears the dark horse has a couple that are higher that you could actually shoot out of sitting in the double bull chair. The ones on my matrix are so low that you got to get down on your knees just to see out of the dang thing. If they were 6-7 inches higher, it would be golden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I would like the dark horse much better. The matrix sucks for shooting out of the small windows. It appears the dark horse has a couple that are higher that you could actually shoot out of sitting in the double bull chair. The ones on my matrix are so low that you got to get down on your knees just to see out of the dang thing. If they were 6-7 inches higher, it would be golden. </div></div>

They are higher Liv! I sat in a DB chair inside the blind and they are just like the T5.

Got antsy today and went down to Scheels to shoot all the 2008 Bowtechs. Pretty sure I'm sticking with my Guardian.

While there I looked at the Dark Horse a little bit. Is it me or is the material they used the "cheaper" stuff? It's quite a bit louder, much like the Import5 they made a few years ago. I did like the 1/2 matrix 1/2 T5 with the off set windows but the camo still does not do it for me. Good blind, but I'll still have my Matrix in Nebraska, Kansas, and Iowa this year!

Do they make them in Bigfoot series GoldTip I don't see how you're going to fit inside one of them unless you have it up on blocks.

Don't be a hater Muddy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif No, in the blind I just gotta walk around on my knees....Shut up Critter!

personally, i think i would like a 101st, and a dark horse. but, i will keep my eyes open for some bargin basement matrixes

i looked at the dark horse as well, and like the matrix better.
but finding a matrix anymore is becoming increasingly difficult.

i found a matrix in Gander in the quad cities and jumped all over it.

even the color i wanted!

Top Bottom