Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looked at the new Dark Horse

I have one Brand New Matrix left over and several of the new Dark Horses in stock. Stop by and check them out for yourselves.

ASAT looks like hell, my opinion.

does the dark horse have black windows, or are they camo. i saw an ad were the window coverings were black...didn't like the looks of that

Animals sure ignore it. I have had deer and turkeys within 10 ft of it, un-brushed in. These are my three blinds and I can hunt out of anyone of them I choose. The ASAT is my favorite and has the best features IMO.
2blindsbs5asatqw0.jpg

2blindsasatmatrixlj3.jpg

3blinds1bw4.jpg

Lots of animals fooled with ASAT over the years. So many hunters worry about what appeals to their own eyes instead of what is proven to work. Predator and ASAT are considered the best two open camo patterns on the market by many bowhunters. That Darkhorse looks like mossyoak blackout and like stated, will look like a black blob from a distance.
The ASAT is one sweet blind and the features it provides make it my favorite. Of course, what do I know, I only own a DB BS5, a DB Matrix, and an ASAT; plus I live in NM and only ride American Vtwin motorcycles. Animals in my experience have ignored it, and the quality is 2nd to none. It also has the best carrying case.

asatdeergn6.jpg

germasatgu5.jpg

HCH,

Let me start this out with saying i am trying to make a sensible argument and not a spitting match..so please take it that way

You are worried about how much it stands out when it is in the middle of no where but for turkeys, I think it could be solid green and they would care less. For years DB was in Mossy oak and it worked fine. They are just that stupid when it comes to blinds. But how much experience have you had with deer with a blind in the middle of no where? mine has been pretty good when its brushed a bit, even if its in the wide open. Than i let it sit for a while.

I think this new pattern will look great when brushed in which I think is a necessity for whitetail when you are setting up and hunting the same day.

I have had some great luck with both my ground max (which is as much of a blob pattern as it gets) and the t5 in predator. I love the predator pattern. but I think this will look great in a wider range of seasons.

just some thoughts.

Have had quite a few deer close in the spring while turkey hunting and they paid no heed to it, nor did I hear any snorting. Only one spring season with it and no fall hunting experience. I have had many a deer snort at my DB's in the spring while turkey hunting though. ASAT brushed in would be invisible IMO.
I have noticed that this is the only hunting forum in the world that gives no attention to ASAT. Look it up at AT or huntnet and you will find tons of success stories with ASAT.
I don't sell ASAT and am not affilliated with the company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we stick to GoldTip's topic? </div></div>

i have hunted out of both, and take the DB hands down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JETHRO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>i have hunted out of both, and take the DB hands down. [/quote]

Me too & I Agree 100% [/quote]
What are you and ThA referring to in the word both?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we stick to GoldTip's topic? </div></div>

i was trying to say what i liked about the dark horse.

Is the darkhorse roomy? I'm 6'5", 250. How many people can fit comfortably? My dad and i are thinking of taking his godson turkey hunting this spring with us. He's the same size as me and the kid is like 12. Would the three of us fit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm 6'5", 250.</div></div>
Note to myself; DON'T PISS BUSHMAN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the darkhorse roomy? I'm 6'5", 250. How many people can fit comfortably? My dad and i are thinking of taking his godson turkey hunting this spring with us. He's the same size as me and the kid is like 12. Would the three of us fit? </div></div>

I'm pretty much the same size and yes there is enough room for two. Not sure about two of you and a little one. Best bet is to go to a store that sell them and try it out! Good luck!

I used a Matrix quite a bit this fall and here is what I found out about blind hunting for whitetails.

It needs to be brushed in.

Deer won't come near a blind sitting out in the open

Black holes/ open areas are not tolerated well, shoot thru mesh is a must.

However I've heard Mule deer don't give a flyin' F. if a blind is sitting out in the middle of nowhere without any brush around it- something to keep in mind HCH, that is if you are going to be pursuing Muley's in New Mex.

Top Bottom