Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Million Dollar Rain

Its unreal how many gallons one inch on one acre is. Think what it takes out west with a center pivet to raise crops. Ponds are several feet low in Ringold county. There are pockets that recieved rain nit many though.Already wondering if I need to start selling off some cows this grass isnt growing back.

Thanks for the message, as you know we travel down your way all year playing team sports. It was a tough spring for you guys as well. Hope and pray we get some more solid inches versus these scattered showers. Good luck hunting this Fall.

Rain...or lack there of

vman,

Hunted in Davis County quite a bit last fall, it was nuts how dry it was over there and then 3 inches came out of the sky one weekend, and then another 2 inches the following week. Dryness moved up from the South, hopefully it will get it out of it's system. We have 50% chances of thunderstorms the next 3 days, hot and windy today. The wind is the killer, soybeans look tough everywhere, just not enough moisture early.

An old farm friend of mine always says...

"Rains on the just and the unjust...you just have to wait your turn."

He also says...

"A dry June makes a good stand"

I just think he forgot to mention what happens when you are 8 - 10 inches behind in subsoil moisture.

Later!

Huge line of T-Storms on radar tonite, West of Iowa,,but they are headed south thru Kansas instead of east, across IA. The culprit is a Bermuda High Pressure block. It grew in May, and keeps coming back from the east, blocking all the jet streams from the west. If it was in a different position, things could move. Unfortunately, when these things get established, during summer,,hard to shake. It definately favors west Iowa,Neb, MInn. Same block grew over SE IA, last July-Aug, as well as over in Ill. Ill weather service says, the block may move away by next Thurs. By then alot of crop land should be fried with 90' temps each day. Some blessed, others not.

Rain

Just dumped out 2.5 inches, lots more coming. So much for being dry, humidity today was classic, hot and hard to breath. I bet the antlers are growing an inch a day now. Got to love our home state, ain't nothing like it anywhere.

Goody for you ,,but over here on east side of state, corn is curling, Dust bowl scenario. No chances until late next week,,maybe?

I think we got .2 last week and haven't had anything else measurable at my place in Jones county since April.

Sorry to hear for you guys, that's how we were looking. Hopefully the humidity we have moves East.

Take care, have a great weekend and Fathers Day!

TH

Nothing east Thurs Nite,, but today Friday afternoon, finally, with a lot of prayers and pushing ever so hard,,,,,line of rain made it to most of Se IA,,,looks like half to an inch. If anything like usual,,my land got the lower end,,but hey,,I'll take it,,or my trees will!

Go to the Nat Weather Service site. Put in zip. Then click on the are at top left,,like DesMoines or Quad Cities. Then on the far left column click on precip analysis. You put in your area. Gives quite an accurate map of what fell, who got most,,but amounts may not be that accurate. Usually more than shown. couple wks ago showed my land got 10th or less. When I checked rain guage got 1/2 inch. Still a good map I think.

5846-eastern_iowa.png

Top Bottom