Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Moderate Drought:

loneranger

Quad Cities Weather Office, now puts SE Iowa, NE Mo. and West Cent Ill. in the Moderate Drought Category. Of coarse we already knew that.

Yeah, the weather chick on KCRG told me last night that we are dry. Had a map and everything. Gee, thanks for the news flash.

My area got a nice rain shower last night, but not my IMMEDIATE area. 2 miles north. So close.....

Crazy thing is most of Mo is teetering on flash flooding. From jusr west of Ottumwa all the way west thru Iowa things are green and nice as can be. Small area does not live right,,or some strange thing?

I took a walk around the farm today. Corn is dented hard and the husks are drying back. Doubt a rain will add much test weight, but I'd like to see rain. The soybeans need rain to fill the pods or we will be combining BB's. :mad:

1.5" in last 55 days at my house. After all the recent above normal rainfall months and yrs its tough to see. North, west and south is all greener than here, getting tough landscaping & mowing guys.

Look at radar today, nice rains even flash flooding over same areas been wet last two months.. SW Iowa, down into MO. Can't get it over east to save us. Forecast now to develope North and east of us tonight. Can't catch a break.:(

Look at radar today, nice rains even flash flooding over same areas been wet last two months.. SW Iowa, down into MO. Can't get it over east to save us. Forecast now to develope North and east of us tonight. Can't catch a break.:(

Had 2.5 inches for July and already up to 8.3 inches for August.

Just over an inch here since middle of june...and it looks like we just missed another nice rain that moved south before it got to us here in SE IA. Turnips I planted may not come up

here's for you guys in SE IA

Hazardous Weather Outlook

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL 441 AM CDT MON AUG 22 2011 IAZ040>042-051>054-063>068-076>078-087>089-098-099-ILZ001-002-007- 009-015>018-024>026-034-035-MOZ009-010-230945- BUCHANAN-DELAWARE-DUBUQUE-BENTON-LINN-JONES-JACKSON-IOWA-JOHNSON- CEDAR-CLINTON-MUSCATINE-SCOTT-KEOKUK-WASHINGTON-LOUISA-JEFFERSON- HENRY IA-DES MOINES-VAN BUREN-LEE-JO DAVIESS-STEPHENSON-CARROLL- WHITESIDE-ROCK ISLAND-HENRY IL-BUREAU-PUTNAM-MERCER-HENDERSON- WARREN-HANCOCK-MCDONOUGH-SCOTLAND-CLARK- 441 AM CDT MON AUG 22 2011 THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...NORTHWEST ILLINOIS...WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...EAST CENTRAL IOWA...NORTHEAST IOWA...SOUTHEAST IOWA AND NORTHEAST MISSOURI. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATE TONIGHT...MAINLY NORTH OF INTERSTATE 80. THE MAIN THREAT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL. A FEW STORMS MAY BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SMALL HAIL AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM CHANCES CONTINUE FOR TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT AS IT MOVES THROUGH THE OUTLOOK AREA. THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE STORMS TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS AND HEAVY RAINFALL ARE POSSIBLE. THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO IN THE FORECAST FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THE RISK FOR SEVERE STORMS IS NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED TODAY OR TONIGHT.</pre>

here's for you guys in SE IA

Hazardous Weather Outlook

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL 441 AM CDT MON AUG 22 2011 IAZ040>042-051>054-063>068-076>078-087>089-098-099-ILZ001-002-007- 009-015>018-024>026-034-035-MOZ009-010-230945- BUCHANAN-DELAWARE-DUBUQUE-BENTON-LINN-JONES-JACKSON-IOWA-JOHNSON- CEDAR-CLINTON-MUSCATINE-SCOTT-KEOKUK-WASHINGTON-LOUISA-JEFFERSON- HENRY IA-DES MOINES-VAN BUREN-LEE-JO DAVIESS-STEPHENSON-CARROLL- WHITESIDE-ROCK ISLAND-HENRY IL-BUREAU-PUTNAM-MERCER-HENDERSON- WARREN-HANCOCK-MCDONOUGH-SCOTLAND-CLARK- 441 AM CDT MON AUG 22 2011 THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...NORTHWEST ILLINOIS...WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...EAST CENTRAL IOWA...NORTHEAST IOWA...SOUTHEAST IOWA AND NORTHEAST MISSOURI. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATE TONIGHT...MAINLY NORTH OF INTERSTATE 80. THE MAIN THREAT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL. A FEW STORMS MAY BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SMALL HAIL AND STRONG GUSTY WINDS. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM CHANCES CONTINUE FOR TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...AHEAD OF A COLD FRONT AS IT MOVES THROUGH THE OUTLOOK AREA. THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK FOR SEVERE STORMS TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WINDS AND HEAVY RAINFALL ARE POSSIBLE. THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO IN THE FORECAST FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. THE RISK FOR SEVERE STORMS IS NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED TODAY OR TONIGHT.

Bring it on mother nature. Maybe my taunting will bring us some rain although we dont need the hail but I will take my chances. So bring it!! LOL

Don't get too excited, read the weather discussion from the Quad cities Nat weather service site. They say no change to the upper air patterns that have made the area dry. No change seen thru mid Sept! Only a miracle now is needed. They have been know to be wrong however. The west cent Illinois site explains about the drought also. Moisture flow is constant Sw Iowa and NE up in Wisconsin. Hope is all we have in SE Iowa.

Got just under a half inch this morning.. looks like we were about the bottom edge of it.. feel sorry for the extreme southeasterners

Yea,,you guys north of I-80 got yours. We here in the south,,still waiting! Has poured in every conceivable direction from the Se counties. West twards Centerville, SW dwon into Mo,North twards DesMoines. Some alien is holding it back.

Top Bottom