Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monster Dubuque Buck...Wow!!!!!

Iowa1, thats perfect, I just renewed my subscription to Whitetail. I'm sure they will do a magnificent job presenting this monster buck to all of Whitetails' loyal reader's.

Well here we go I got this from the guy that mounted it in Dubuque It was shot around thebeginning of November and not recovered
until the first shotgun season by the person that shot it with a bow while he was gun hunting.
shocked.gif
he didn't know if he had continually looked for it or not but it has been confiscated by the DNR as he used a bow tag on it during shotgun season instead of getting a salavge tag. So as it stands now it is in the possesion of the DNR and they are "looking into it "
wstupid.gif
so the owner don't know if he will get it back or not or if he will be fined.
confused.gif

I hate to think it was found 100 yards away from where it was shot!
I lost my cell phone while hunting and found it 500 yards from where I thought it would be, and it was on VIBRATE MODE!
Don't tell me it was anything less than an extensive search.

Im a little confused.Whats the difference if he put his bow tag on it or not if he is in fact the one that shot it to start with?We got stopped by a game warden the first day of shotgun season with my uncles doe in the back.He had shot her but was unable to recover her till the next day when technically bow season was closed.He just checked our licenses(bow) and sent us on our way.If he did shoot it and didnt find it right away, but then found it later and left it lay wouldnt that be against the wanton waste law where you gotta take everything salvagable of the animal?

Wow my first day on the site and to lay your eyes on a buck like that !! What an awful story around it. If they do determine it to be a wounded bowkill I bet you 40 guys show up to say they shot it. Let's just hope that it gets to the proper hunter. Why would you run the risk of using a questionable tag on a deer like that.

Top Bottom