Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More Deer Cam Pics....

Hillwalker, deerslayer here. Nice pics!! They look real familiar like I saw them earlier this week in an e-mail!.

Great pic. and a great buck big typical. In my opinion this is a mature buck the picture could be throwing me off though. my opinion is based on the body only. couldn't give an acurate guess on score but would guess that his g-2's are pushing 10 inches. anyhow he's a great buck and a shooter in my book. just my opinnion.

good luck and good huntin

I'd say the previous estimates are low. Looks to me like he has very good tine length and good mass. Probably a 3.5 or 4.5 year old. I would say he's more like 150, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's slightly bigger than that. That is a big buck for an 8-pointer. He probably will not be any more than an 8-pointer, so I don't see any point in letting him walk. Unless you know there's something bigger around to fill your tag with. He'd definitely take my arrow if he came by.

Mid to upper 140's. I'd zip him in a minute, unless like Iowa1 mentioned, you've got your eyes on a bigger one. One Cam pulled this stunt on us last year and I think everyone guessed low. Hope you get him and we can find out. I think those G-2's are around 10-12"
Pupster

Nice Picture, I have also built and am using my home made cam. I have been using one hour processing because I usually can't wait to see what I have. I am going to try to hook it to a digital cam for next year.I think I will need to defeat the powersave option that most digitals have. I am not going to get the lowest end model because of the low pixel resolution. But I will do this in the off season as hunting time has come. Actually to modify a digital should be easier than my current model of camara. It is a fuji and needed 2 shutter closers. But it works good.

No question he's not young, but I'd guess him to be 3.5. He could be a really nice 2.5, but my money would be on 3.5. Its hard to tell on one picture, because you can't see the tines as well, nor get an idea how far out those beams grow.

I don't think he has great tine length...the brow tines and g-3s not stellar from what you see on this view. Tine length is what really cranks up the score, imo. Here's how I'd guess him: spread -17" beams -23", G-1 - 3", G-2 - 9", G-3 - 6". Say he averages 4" on the circumferences. Add that up and I guess him to be 131 gross. Its hard for 8 pointers to score high. In any case...he's a dandy looking buck. I'd probably pass on him early in the season looking for a bigger one. But later in the year, I'd find it hard to pass up a book buck.

Anyway, good luck. Go get him and find out for sure! He's a nice looking buck.

I'm surprised you guys are guessing those G-2's at leass than 10. Looks to me like they might go as high as 12-13. G-3's are probably under 10. Spread I'm saying is 18-19. I wish you would just shoot him and tell us all so we would know. You got any side views?

I don't have any other pictures of him yet, but the cameras are still in the same places I had them at the beginning of the month when that picture was taken. Hopefully the next roll(s)will have other shots of him giving us a different perspective.

Pupster.....I'm well aware of what One Cam pulled on us last year........he did a great job of answering his own question last fall.

I don't want to throw out my own guess here without a different angle of the deer. But if those G-2's are not at least 10 inches then this deer has the smallest ears I've ever seen.

Thanks to everybody......... for taking the time to give me your opinion.

smile.gif
BigTypical.............

Great pics. Its hard to guess on the score with this pic,but I'll throw out a 145-150 class deer. I just put up my first deer cam today on a fence line. Were I hunt the big boys hang out in the terraces and fences not the timbers. I hope to soon add some of my own pics to this site.

I caught the droptine buck out of velvet. I'll post a picture later today.

Top Bottom