Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mountain Lion?

youngmoose

Anyone hear about the mountain lion that was killed on the highway near Jefferson? I don't know if it is a new story to an old picture or not. A co-worker showed me a picture today, I'll see if she will forward it to me tomarrow.

I got it. I'm skeptical. The email says the cat charged the "Fish and Game officer". That suggests it was forwarded from a State who calls their conservation officers "Fish and Game".

The mountin lion killed today in Chicago "charged the police officers" then they shot it. Cowinkydinks?

The 'Bonker

i think that is the same one that i saw in a paper here in wis, said it was killed somehwere here. i got a bit skeptical when i saw a pile of muley racks on the bench behind the guy. later found out it was in arizona or somewhere...

If it's the one I saw a few weeks ago from Alda Ne, the story is close to true, but the true location is in AZ, I believe.. Snopes.com debugs this stuff, I just don't know who debugs Snopes

Here is the e-mail I received...doesn't sound like Iowa to me.

This lion was hit between Alda Road and Highway 30, by a car. Fish and Game had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process. Look at his PAWS!.

lion1.jpg

lion2.jpg

Yeah, those are the pictures I saw. I knew it was a pretty far stretch for a mountain lion, not to mention a damn big lion, killed in Iowa.

Did you guys hear about the double brested platapus that was fished out of the Des Moines River last week? 9 feet long, 312 lbs and had the leg of a calf inside it. Craziest thing I ever seen.

Just kidding....gotta love email.

Seen that on the news last night. Weighed 122 pounds and believed to be 3 1\2 years old. They said it was definitly not a pet that got loose it was fending for its self in the city of Chicago. Kinda crazy.

Is anyone else getting tired of hearing about mountain lion sightings, and these pictures from out west being passed off as local. YES there could be a few that traveled into the state but NO they aren't here in any numbers, the DNR didn't turn some loose to thin out the deer herd, and I think half the people that "see" them couldn't tell the difference between a mountain lion and a lab from a few hundred yards away. Last summer there was a "sighting" near Big Creek Lake where I live & people said they heard it in the woods & that it attacked their dog. SURE...
O.K. i'm done but I had to vent, this article set me off !

no claws on the paws, must be a domestic cat from what i can see.it wouldnt surprise me if the dnr moved them in here they have otters & everything thing else, fish ect... in exchange for other things, quit with the pics, anyone seeing a m- lion, kill it !! lets put the the roomers to rest. every web cam cannot lie
.they could be pushed here from development out west,when you take away from their home, they will roam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ibowbigbucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no claws on the paws, must be a domestic cat from what i can see.it wouldnt surprise me if the dnr moved them in here they have otters & everything thing else, fish ect... in exchange for other things, quit with the pics, anyone seeing a m- lion, kill it !! lets put the the roomers to rest. every web cam cannot lie
.they could be pushed here from development out west,when you take away from their home, they will roam. </div></div>

The cat's claws are retracted...you rarely see claw marks in a cat track.

No, the DNR did not place them in Iowa...

They are not moving into or through the state of Iowa because of Western development, or loss of habitat.

Young male cats are typically displaced from their home range.

Top Bottom