Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muddy vs. Lone wolf

deerhunter93

I know there has been topics on here about both stands and i have looked at them. I recently got to hunt with my buddies lone wolf alpha and it was AWESOME!!!!!! Solid, quiet, comfortable, easy to put up and take down. I have gotten some cabelas gift cards alredy for christmas so i was wanting to get a stand but i looked on cabelas and they dont have muddy stands. I also couldnt find the alpha on there either. So... Buy the assault at cabelas or get a muddy pro?
How is the muddy platform? I loved the lone wolf one. I just think the myddy pro platform could be loud. Any info would be great. Thanks!

My buddy has one of each and I've hunted out of both of them. Its a toss up in my book, both really quality stands. Muddy sponsors this site though...I'd go with a Muddy.

Can't speak for the Muddy stand since I don't own one but I will put the plug in for the Lone Wolf stands since I can vouch for their quality and will add that they too are a sponsor of this site!

I have to plug the Lone Wolfs, but have heard great reviews on the Muddys' as well. I doubt you could go wrong with either.

I think i am going to go with the lone wolf just because i have actually hunted with it before. I just dont know which one to choose. I hunted out of the alpha and i liked it a lot but they are sold out on-line at cabelas and it says they cant back order them.

Can't go wrong with those two! I've got a LW and love it, but have heard great things about Muddy stands as well.

they are basically the same, but i own the muddy Hunter Pro, and it is equal if not better than the Lone Wolf.

the big thing is the muddy is substantially cheaper!

If your a big guy I'd go with the Muddy. If not I'd go with the Lone Wolf. The Lone Wolf is smaller and is a lot less bulky.

Haha. 15 years old weigh 125. I'm probably on the smaller side. What is the difference between the "lone wolf alpha assault" which that is what it is called on lone wolfs website and says it weighs 10 pounds and the "lone wolf assault" at cabelas which says it weighs 8.5 pounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deerhunter93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the difference between the "lone wolf alpha assault" which that is what it is called on lone wolfs website and says it weighs 10 pounds and the "lone wolf assault" at cabelas which says it weighs 8.5 pounds.</div></div>

I believe the alpha has a bigger platform. I have the alpha and it is more than I hoped it would be. I can't speak for muddy as I don't have one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deerhunter93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gladiator, you have the lone wolf alpha assault?</div></div>

You bet...the alpha /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Don't know if I'll buy another tree stand in my life - except if make a lot of money and can buy my own land and put some permanent ladder stands in.

For what I use it for...I put up and take down everytime...best their is IMO.

i have a problem with the lonewolf if you shift youre weight to one side in certain trees the bottom will wobble and scare the crap out of you.i still use it every day though i like the no noise when setting it up and taking it down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jclaws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a problem with the lonewolf if you shift youre weight to one side in certain trees the bottom will wobble and scare the crap out of you.i still use it every day though i like the no noise when setting it up and taking it down. </div></div>

I would never hunt with out two straps on the assault or alpha. Also with two straps I have never had any shifting as jclaws discribes. I personally don't care for the Assault and love the Alpha. The Assault IMO isn't adjustable enought for the flexibility needed to compare to the Alpha. I know they look the same but the range of adjustment on the ones I own makes the Assault a no go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deerhunter93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gladiator, you have the lone wolf alpha assault? </div></div>

There is no such thing as a Alpha Assault according to LW's web site.

It is either an Alpha (larger platform) or it's an Assault (smaller platform).

That being said I've hunted out of both and prefer the Assault.

Lone Wolf website

I'd get the stand with the easy hang hook --&gt; the Alpha. If the Muddy pro has a hands-free system like this I'd be interested in one in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deerhunter93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you click on the more info it talks about it and abouve the info is says Lone Wolf® Alpha™ Assault™ </div></div>

I guess you're right on that, I've never seen it advertised like that anywhere though.

Having hunted out of both I don't see any greater adjust ability on the Alpha other than it has a larger platform? The Alpha does have longer cables on it for leveling, perhaps it has a greater range of motion up and down hence having the ability to go on even more screwed up trees?

"Also where is the greater adjustability on the alpha compared to the assault? "

The cables on my Assault do not give me the same range of platform adjustment as the Alpha. It seems to start at well less than 90 degree from the upright where as the Alpha starts a little longer or wider than that 90 degree angle from the upright. I am not sure if they have a wider range of adjustment but the end result is that the Alpha will give you a more level platfrom on a tree that leans further. I completely believe the two are far from equal. I looked at the muddies but have never used one. They look like they will adjust similar to the Alpha, which is good! My opinion is skip the Assault in your decision making process.

Muddy likes this stand and this is why everybody isn't using the exact setup as the next guy. Muddy could just be srcewed up but I'll give him the benifit of doubt. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom