Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Daughter's first deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrueTrophy

Well the Iowa youth season opened up yesterday. My daughter McKenzie has been waiting paitently all summer for this day to come. She has been shooting my muzzleloader all summer and was ready to go. We sat in a alfala field on Sat afternoon. We got there around 4:30 and we saw out first deer at 4:40. A small doe came out and fed in front of us for frive mins. As tiem went by the deer just kept comming out six does then a small spike. She wanted to shoot a buck and had her mind set on it. We decide to pass on the spike jsut because it was the first day. We could have never imagained what was instore for us thirty mins later. After the spike passed us we cought movement and saw the rack of a 150" 10pt comming towards us out of the crp field. He got to 40 yards and hung up he would come a step closer and all we could see was from his back up. No shot. After a five min stare off he decided he didnt like us being there so he ran back into the cedars. We thought is was all over now. I look back over to where the buck was and here was a doe walking into the field. She did the same thing and froze up at the field edge and than ran back into the crp field. We could not figure out what was going on the wind was in our face but they kept spooking. Now I turned and told her that it looks liek we will have to try another day. Just as I said that I turned back to look at the crp field and there he was. There was a giant standing at the field edge just 40 yards away. He walked into the alfala and he was comming right at us. We got ready and he walked to within in 5 yards of us but we couldnt get the shot. She couldnt see him throught the scope it was all brown he was just to close. He passed by us and we turned around and got ready when he walked out behind us again he was to close she could just see brown. She held off as hard as it was for me and her to do so. When he got out to 15 yards she could actually see him now. I told her when she could shoot to go ahead and she did. After the smoke cleared we could see the buck running down the field away from us. Then it happened he stoped and fliped over backwards. McKenzie had just got her first deer and what a deer it is. I think that was the proudest moment in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

101_0271.jpg

101_0260.jpg

101_0273.jpg

101_0242.jpg

Re: My Daughter's first deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Story and Great Pics!!
Congrats that is a fine deer!!!

waytogo.gif

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing!

That is awesome. That is a heck of a buck and an awesome story. Congrats to the both of you.

WOW ! That is a hog. You shouldn't spoil your daughter like that Dad!! Now she will want one like that every year!

Seriously .... Congrats to the little lady what a thrill that must have been for her.

absolutely incredible...way to go! Congrats, and what a moment to remember!

What a beast of a buck! She has to be pumped! Congrats to her on a great shot.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom