Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Quest for HEARTATTACK continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me an idiot but I can't see how sharing pictures with your neighbors wouldn't be beneficial to everyone. I can understand not putting a deer of this caliber on the internet(if people know where you hunt) to avoid someone you don't know getting crazy but please explain how sharing what deer are on your property with your neighbors is a bad idea?

I hunt in an area where if its brown its down. We are slowly trying to change the culture and allowing the deer to reach full maturity before harvesting them. If I show my neighbors 4, 4.5 year old pics of nice bucks I believe they might restrain from shooting a year and a half old. At the end of the day we still have to hunt for these deer. Its not like if my neighbor knows about our deer that he is magically gonna have that deer walk under his stand during daylight.

I think were all getting a little lost in what were doing if we have to hide in fear of others getting a chance to harvest a deer. Share info with people and be happy for others success when they achieve it. I believe people will be more likely to hold out for a big buck if they know they exist. A lot of people don't run trail cams and I like sharing our pics with the old timers and young kids. It gives them something to day dream about as they hunt and just maybe they might pass that little guy hoping the big ones just down the trail.

I've seen this website go from one of the best out there to dead. I feel like its all over our fear of others. Pretty sad we allow ourselves to get that way. If your that worried about other people knowing about your deer. Take your location off your profile or change your profile name. Seems pretty simple to me.

We just had a guy post a great pic. Now he's been scared away by this weak, running scared mindset that has set in here. Besides posting that he's from Illinois, did he say anything else about this deer location? I live in Illinois and even after reading his post couldn't get within 300 miles of this deer even if I tried. Ok I feel better. Have a good day.

I get your point but i think its a little bit different dealing with a deer of this caliber.

I missed the photos which stinks cause I would love to see this buck- but from everyones reactions to this deer- I cant blame you at all for taking it down. BIG deer can mean BIG money and we all know how some people act when that is involved. Wish you the best of luck and I hope to see some harvest photos of this deer!

I missed the photos which stinks cause I would love to see this buck- but from everyones reactions to this deer- I cant blame you at all for taking it down. BIG deer can mean BIG money and we all know how some people act when that is involved. Wish you the best of luck and I hope to see some harvest photos of this deer!

Ill post a thread of him later this season whether we harvest him or not. I imagine he is going to break some points.

He is def. A stud of a deer,i would of never put pics of him up until he was dead. Im guessin your PM "s are full and your phones prob. Ringing off the hook

giant

I'm glad you took the pic down. For your own good as it will cause nothing good to happen. Just kill it and tell us the great story my man. That kinda deer will cause people from other states to freggin fly there and recon is much easier now with the net. Just look at the shed poaching incidents in Iowa over the last few years. Its gotten crazy around here and Iowa is a prime target along with Illinois. If you keep that deer fed and left alone I'm sure one of you will get a change at him and I would hate to read the story online that it was poached by someone who learned about it here. I myself have something like it 200 inches and wont talk till its tagged and on the ground. Good luck I really hope you get it.:way:

Call me an idiot but I can't see how sharing pictures with your neighbors wouldn't be beneficial to everyone. I can understand not putting a deer of this caliber on the internet(if people know where you hunt) to avoid someone you don't know getting crazy but please explain how sharing what deer are on your property with your neighbors is a bad idea?

I hunt in an area where if its brown its down. We are slowly trying to change the culture and allowing the deer to reach full maturity before harvesting them. If I show my neighbors 4, 4.5 year old pics of nice bucks I believe they might restrain from shooting a year and a half old. At the end of the day we still have to hunt for these deer. Its not like if my neighbor knows about our deer that he is magically gonna have that deer walk under his stand during daylight.

I think were all getting a little lost in what were doing if we have to hide in fear of others getting a chance to harvest a deer. Share info with people and be happy for others success when they achieve it. I believe people will be more likely to hold out for a big buck if they know they exist. A lot of people don't run trail cams and I like sharing our pics with the old timers and young kids. It gives them something to day dream about as they hunt and just maybe they might pass that little guy hoping the big ones just down the trail.

I've seen this website go from one of the best out there to dead. I feel like its all over our fear of others. Pretty sad we allow ourselves to get that way. If your that worried about other people knowing about your deer. Take your location off your profile or change your profile name. Seems pretty simple to me.

We just had a guy post a great pic. Now he's been scared away by this weak, running scared mindset that has set in here. Besides posting that he's from Illinois, did he say anything else about this deer location? I live in Illinois and even after reading his post couldn't get within 300 miles of this deer even if I tried. Ok I feel better. Have a good day.

Okay, you are an idiot, or you hope that you are his neighbor. lol

Obviously it would create a LOT more attention from the neighbors and might even lead to neighbors charging for access or leasing out ground. How can you possibly think that showing neighbors pictures of huge bucks is not going to negatively impact your chances of killing those deer!

By the way, its not fear of others. It's being smart. WAY too many horror stories were the result of loose lips.

Okay, you are an idiot, or you hope that you are his neighbor. lol

Obviously it would create a LOT more attention from the neighbors and might even lead to neighbors charging for access or leasing out ground. How can you possibly think that showing neighbors pictures of huge bucks is not going to negatively impact your chances of killing those deer!

By the way, its not fear of others. It's being smart. WAY too many horror stories were the result of loose lips.

Loose lips sink ships.... i would agree with the aforementioned statement

Loose lips sink ships.... i would agree with the aforementioned statement

It's strange to me that you feel that way now......... After you posted it and then removed it. I also never worry about who knows where a deer is or if the neighbor knows what's wandering around across the fence. Sad really, but I guess you can never be to careful. Chances are you are not the only one in the area that knows that deer exists. Good luck with the buck.

It's strange to me that you feel that way now......... After you posted it and then removed it. I also never worry about who knows where a deer is or if the neighbor knows what's wandering around across the fence. Sad really, but I guess you can never be to careful. Chances are you are not the only one in the area that knows that deer exists. Good luck with the buck.

I can almost guarantee we are the only ones that know about him. Hopefully i can share the entire story in november

Not trying to start an argument but you have two threads going about this deer at the top of the trail cam forums. With all the hype and post do you honestly think that somebody needs to see the pics to realize you have a unbelievable buck running around your hunting ground? All of the post are stating this deer is a giant, then you remove the pics and keep the threads open? I just don't understand that if everyone believes there are these terrible people out there that are going to come lease your hunting ground or poach this buck wouldn't you say the possible damage has already been done? Not trying to come off the wrong way but I'm just wondering if you are so worried about it why not have the threads closed instead of just deleting pictures?

I'll take the idiot sign when anyone tells me, besides Illinois, where this deer is located. My whole point is this website used to be awesome. People shared info, photos and all sorts of stuff. Now it's a mere shadow of what it once was and all the regulars of old have disappeared. I just think there are ways to share info and pics and still keep secret where your location is. Hell Winke has a semi live show and every person in the country knows what deer he has on his place and aomehow his deer aren't all shot from the road. Just sad we have to live in fear over big deer.

I'll take the idiot sign when anyone tells me, besides Illinois, where this deer is located. My whole point is this website used to be awesome. People shared info, photos and all sorts of stuff. Now it's a mere shadow of what it once was and all the regulars of old have disappeared. I just think there are ways to share info and pics and still keep secret where your location is. Hell Winke has a semi live show and every person in the country knows what deer he has on his place and aomehow his deer aren't all shot from the road. Just sad we have to live in fear over big deer.

Winke also has the land the bucks live on in his posession. Many of us hunt other peoples property. So if our pics get released guess what there will be 4 new stands and hunters on the same property. Like I said before there is 11 bowhunters in 120 acres of timber in my area. 4 being in an area of 30 acres and another 30 acres that is not hunted so that is 90 acres hunted by 11 bowhunters and people still come around asking if the can hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom