Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Quest for HEARTATTACK continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. I hate to say it but it would be in ur best interest to not say much more til hes on the ground! Big boys like that bring out the worst in good people.

I agree with that. I second guessed myself on even sharing it here but I felt obligated to post the pictures of such a magnificent animal. I thought about tagging my name on the photos too just in case people want to steal them

I wish i could show him off! i really do because he deserves the attention, however you just cant trust some people.

:way: You got that right! A lot of internet feeding snakes out there. All it would take was one guy to find out too much info and your burnt. I would do the same thing. Lucky for me I had privileged to get to see them prior to you removing them. Once in a lifetime deer regardless! Good luck, hope you arrow that pig.

Trust me bad things do happen. The deer I killed in 2010 ended up on a midwestwhitetailers hitlist posted on the web for one of their hunters. He even videoed a buck out if my field and posted it. I contacted Bill about it and he was promptly fired. That's why you don't see posted hitlists anymore for them. Crazy what some guys will do.

Missed the pics but do not blame you at all for removing them!! Can't wait to see them all with the harvest photos this fall. Good luck!!

Yep, I'd remove them too. I'm kind of torn about sharing pictures with neighbors/other hunters who don't run cams. I have no problem being honest and showing what is out there, but at the same time I would hate to inspire them to spend more time/effort in the woods chasing a deer they didn't know about before.

Yep, I'd remove them too. I'm kind of torn about sharing pictures with neighbors/other hunters who don't run cams. I have no problem being honest and showing what is out there, but at the same time I would hate to inspire them to spend more time/effort in the woods chasing a deer they didn't know about before.

Thats true. Luckily i think we lease his entire core area and only one neighbor would have a crack at him.

Call me an idiot but I can't see how sharing pictures with your neighbors wouldn't be beneficial to everyone. I can understand not putting a deer of this caliber on the internet(if people know where you hunt) to avoid someone you don't know getting crazy but please explain how sharing what deer are on your property with your neighbors is a bad idea?

I hunt in an area where if its brown its down. We are slowly trying to change the culture and allowing the deer to reach full maturity before harvesting them. If I show my neighbors 4, 4.5 year old pics of nice bucks I believe they might restrain from shooting a year and a half old. At the end of the day we still have to hunt for these deer. Its not like if my neighbor knows about our deer that he is magically gonna have that deer walk under his stand during daylight.

I think were all getting a little lost in what were doing if we have to hide in fear of others getting a chance to harvest a deer. Share info with people and be happy for others success when they achieve it. I believe people will be more likely to hold out for a big buck if they know they exist. A lot of people don't run trail cams and I like sharing our pics with the old timers and young kids. It gives them something to day dream about as they hunt and just maybe they might pass that little guy hoping the big ones just down the trail.

I've seen this website go from one of the best out there to dead. I feel like its all over our fear of others. Pretty sad we allow ourselves to get that way. If your that worried about other people knowing about your deer. Take your location off your profile or change your profile name. Seems pretty simple to me.

We just had a guy post a great pic. Now he's been scared away by this weak, running scared mindset that has set in here. Besides posting that he's from Illinois, did he say anything else about this deer location? I live in Illinois and even after reading his post couldn't get within 300 miles of this deer even if I tried. Ok I feel better. Have a good day.

Call me an idiot but I can't see how sharing pictures with your neighbors wouldn't be beneficial to everyone. I can understand not putting a deer of this caliber on the internet(if people know where you hunt) to avoid someone you don't know getting crazy but please explain how sharing what deer are on your property with your neighbors is a bad idea?

I hunt in an area where if its brown its down. We are slowly trying to change the culture and allowing the deer to reach full maturity before harvesting them. If I show my neighbors 4, 4.5 year old pics of nice bucks I believe they might restrain from shooting a year and a half old. At the end of the day we still have to hunt for these deer. Its not like if my neighbor knows about our deer that he is magically gonna have that deer walk under his stand during daylight.

I think were all getting a little lost in what were doing if we have to hide in fear of others getting a chance to harvest a deer. Share info with people and be happy for others success when they achieve it. I believe people will be more likely to hold out for a big buck if they know they exist. A lot of people don't run trail cams and I like sharing our pics with the old timers and young kids. It gives them something to day dream about as they hunt and just maybe they might pass that little guy hoping the big ones just down the trail.

I've seen this website go from one of the best out there to dead. I feel like its all over our fear of others. Pretty sad we allow ourselves to get that way. If your that worried about other people knowing about your deer. Take your location off your profile or change your profile name. Seems pretty simple to me.

We just had a guy post a great pic. Now he's been scared away by this weak, running scared mindset that has set in here. Besides posting that he's from Illinois, did he say anything else about this deer location? I live in Illinois and even after reading his post couldn't get within 300 miles of this deer even if I tried. Ok I feel better. Have a good day.

My experience is I showed my neighbor a ten point who I was chasing for three years last year after he told me he was going to be hunting another property for a few weeks. I drive out to my stand the next morning and what do you know there he is getting out and into the timber. Push comes to shove and he harvested the buck I was after. Also pictures spread and that brings poachers and more hunters into an area. I have a great piece of land I hunt the only problem is there is 11 bowhunters in maybe 120 acres of timber. Getting a bit crowded when you can see three flashlights head to their stands when you are already in yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom