Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My thoughts on leasing

That and I wanted to see if Pharmer or Avidhunter were on board today. Hi Pharmer! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

No problem. Hillary hates guns, Obama hates guns. That leaves only one candidate to vote for that will defeat either of them and it is McCain. The dude has a hot young wife so his heart must be good. Wonder what his stance on leasing hunting ground is?

I am tired of all this crappy weather.
Don't get me wrong, I love winter, but gimme a break!

I can only think of one thing: TURKEY SEASON

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO.....I don't expect everything for nothing, just kind of like living in a part of the world where the almighty dollar doesn't speak louder than companionship. </div></div>

Pretty much sums it up for me too Kaare, I won't lease either after thinking about it. If it comes down to it I'll just hunt solely public or just stop hunting all together, pretty sad after 40 years of doing it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I guess there are other hobbies that I could take up before they become the new fad for the wealthy.

She is 18 years younger than him. He is 72 so she is 54. All of the candidates suck this year and I have never been so disinterested in an election. It boils down voting out gun grabbers for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NO.....I don't expect everything for nothing, just kind of like living in a part of the world where the almighty dollar doesn't speak louder than companionship. </div></div>

Pretty much sums it up for me too Kaare, I won't lease either after thinking about it. If it comes down to it I'll just hunt solely public or just stop hunting all together, pretty sad after 40 years of doing it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I guess there are other hobbies that I could take up before they become the new fad for the wealthy. </div></div>WTF, the sky is falling. I agree with G6.

-HCH

I wish I could figure out how to run a business like you! .... Run a successful business and still have time to post a billion times on this thread all day long; you got it figured out /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

As long is this thread is already haywire....all over the place

I agree completely. I am very dissapointed with all my "choices".

America is becoming more like Europe everyday.

The problem, as I see it, is that anybody worth a $heet to run for public office has a few skeletons in his/her closet. Skeletons and mistakes in life build character. The problem though is that the damn media will look up your arse with a fine tooth comb and place everything you did wrong in your life on the 6:00 news while you are trying to eat dinner with your family, and a lot of people aren't willing to make that sacrifice for a public office position. That leaves the dorks and goody two shoes making our laws and governing us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kaare, not attacking you but thought id mention this,
when you pick up a mag off the counter, a certian percentage goes to the publisher..... every time

there is nothing wrong with hunting vids or books.... they are a great way to learn, and pass off-sesaon time.

i have learned A LOT from vids and books and would recommend both to anyone who thinks they dont need to do anymore learning... they are a great resource!!

your bow is from a company that spends BOO-KOO bucks on advertisement, you like your bow and need one to bow hunt

certianly you have a deer call or two......

and you really dont use your 4-wheeler for any huntin purposes??

there is nothing wrong with that, but i for one love being able to use one when needed..... they have saved my life a time or two

all im saying, is those who are against commercialization oughta not hunt cause just about every aspect of the industry is commercialized, and i honestly dont have a problem with that.

i love mags
i love books
i love vids
i love diffferent calls
i love my pickup
i would use a quad if i owned one,
etc., etc., etc.

i dont think i am less of a hunter because i take advantage of the excellent resources available to today's hunters, in fact im proud to contribute to it. Commercialization is a reality and it is not wrong, when used appropriatly, it can greatly enhance your existence as a hunter.

but if you choose to go without, more power to you, there is nothing wrong with that approach. i just dont appreciate the completely traditional hunters that cast judgment on those to do! </div></div>

Oh shoot.....I can never leave stuff well alone, just ask my wife. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I never said I was against commercialization, I buy products, I know magazines count, I get it....I know I'm a tiny part of the grand scheme.

I don't get too horny about using the resources you spoke of. I'd rather learn old school style and make mistake after mistake. I also have never read an article or looked at a book that even came close to talking about an area even remotely similar to the one i live and hunt, maybe that's why I've never got too carried away with books and magazines etc... Hell, I can't get arials and topos... I;m in northern Saskatchewan. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I flip past the articles talking about arials..or the ones that discuss bedding areas...In a 100 square mile block of forest, it's all bedding. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Anyhoo....I've gotten a bit of topic, I have found this thread an enjoyable read, I can see both sides of the coin and respect the views from both sides.

P.S............no I've never used my quad for hunting purposes. I've only used it to plow snow, take the boys for little rides and drag limbed pines out of my woods to buck up for the neighbours, the same ones who say....."oh, you don't have to ask every year, just don't drive on it".....and that is why I don't use it for hunting purposes, because as long as they are happy, I am happy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Im thinking about leasing up the football field yard and then sub-leasing it out to a football team for practice in the summer and to a hunter in the fall. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

seriously though you guys that say you will never ever lease what would you do if youve had a piece of land for free for the past 5 years. you have put in food plots, invested time and money scouting ect. you finally have the deer movement figured out and know all the bucks on the land, and then are given a choice.
land owner says "Ive been offered an amount of money buy a guy to lease my land next year but I figured I would give you the chance to match his price first"
Would you give it up or just pay the man to keep your spot.
I dont lease ground myself. I give the land owners gifts on the holidays or help them with any thing needing helped with.
My 2 cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pretty much sums it up for me too Kaare, I won't lease either after thinking about it. If it comes down to it I'll just hunt solely public or just stop hunting all together, pretty sad after 40 years of doing it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I guess there are other hobbies that I could take up before they become the new fad for the wealthy. </div></div>WTF, the sky is falling. I agree with G6. </div></div> That just means a disagreement isn't far behind. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Lot of wasted time & energy here.
This is like debating religion & politics, everyone gets all worked up and nobodys' opinion has changed.
Sustainable funding would go a long long ways toward eliminating many of the problems we have in this state.
That's my 2 cents.

read the last post the esmd put up. the more people that lease land in iowa, the closer we get to what they have out there. the longer we can delay that, the better

Top Bottom