Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NAHC lost a member......

I refuse to argue on the computer. And obviously you are new and haven't read my previous posts. I am not against NRs...I am for limiting them. The DNR is in the most difficult position of trying to appease resident and NR hunters with seasons, #s of liscenses that are deemed fair for all involved. In case you aren't aware, ou IBA is the most vocal advocate of this cap you are refering to...and I support them on this. Their job is to protect it's members hunting opportunities in this state. They do a fine job of not letting the NR tags get out of hand so everyone has a chance to hunt.

Missouri can do what they want...they are their deer and their DNR can regulate them for their state. They can charge $100,000 for NRs and I personally wouldn't care. They have enough management issues with a rifle season during the rut to worry about instead of fretting over Iowa's NR fee increases.

I think you miss the point on limiting NRs. It is great you own land, but most of us don't. Some of us are lucky enough to have relatives/friends let us hunt. Others must knock on doors. Those are the people whose hunting opportunities I don't want to see go away. That is why the IBA lobbies as hard as they do for the cap.

Please, let's not get all political here...you can go to the Bowsite for that. I have no problem expressing opinions, but please refrain from attacking people that don't agree with yours.

Swanny

I've been following this conversation closely and I think all parties involved bring up some very good points. The bottom line is that there are no easy solutions--it's a damned if you do and a damned if you don't situation. Also, it depends on which "side of the fence" you are on. If a person never plans on hunting out of Iowa, then I guess they probably don't have any reason to argue against the fee increase. I personally don't have a problem with the deer fee when you look at the quality of deer that Iowa raises. Has anyone priced a Canadian hunt lately? And realistically I think a person has a chance to shoot as big of bucks in Iowa as Canada. The turkey tag fee increase is a different story. There are many states with as good if not better turkey hunting than Iowa and to have a $188 price tag on these birds should and will come back to bite Iowa in the butt. I do have one question though--I keep reading that the DNR did this or the DNR passed that. It's my understanding that the DNR had nothing to do with the increases--they actually opposed them. Can someone following this subject clear that up for me? Where does the Iowa DNR stand in all this? Blind Sow, do you know the facts not just opinion?

I have heard about it there....and I understand. I would be doin' the same if I lived there.

Top Bottom