Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NEED SUGGESTION

jasondodd

Ive been about 30 yards away from a 160 class deer twice this week!! He's weird, I can drive by at noon, and he'll be on the field egdes already. No way I can get close to get in a stand!!! I went tonight and sat on the ground in a draw near the timber line he usually follows. He went by just before dark about 35 yards away. Wind was perfect, slid in there without spooking him, but couldn't get him to respond to a grunt or anything. Guess I'll just wait and hope the girls get the best of him over the next week or two!! Any suggestions would be GREAT!

30 yards? i'd shoot him if he was that close! maybe you'll have to pull an all day hunt in your tree stand and wait for him to appear. maybe try a scent drag and get him closer to you.

That's the prob, I don't think I can hang a stand without spooking him!! But I think scents are in order. I wasn't hunting tonight, but drove by just before dark and he was nose down chasing a doe through the corn field!

I would also probably shoot 30 yards normally, but we was walking pretty quick and wouldn't respond to a grunt!

Good luck all

I'd try to chase him off 'softly' with the vehicle or in another nonthreatening way, then set the stand.

I'm with you on not taking a wallking shot at that range. I'd try to stop him or not shoot. Too easy for a 'too far back' hit and those can be very frustrating.

Good luck,
Old buck

DECOY DECOY DECOY

He will trot right to it and it will take his attention off of you. Where do ya live I got one you can use

Top Bottom