Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Backpack or Fannypack

J

JakeF

Its that expensive time of year when I seem to upgrade or try to add things I think I need,Lone wolf stand ,climbing sticks,some new scentlok,maybe try a rangfinder (I think it would come in handy come turkey season for sure},plenty of scentkiller you get the picture. Anyways I came to my old backpack that is in desprate need of replacing and wonder what you all use I mean there are a thousand out there and I just want something to carry my scent,rattlin horns etc and thought maybe one of the fannypacks would work.I seem to do alot of same day hunts where I pack in my stand and all the same time. What works well for you guys?

HoofnHorn,there are alot of nice packs that will work,for the most part it's just a personal preference.How much stuff you need to carry?,how many pockets?etc.I have a Fieldline backpack which works well for all day hunts,where it's roomy enough for extra clothing and food,and it has a Scent-loc lining.And I also use a smaller fannypack,for short hunts before work,where I won't require as many extras.

I second Rudd on that one...I am in the process of getting the Monster fanny pack from Badlands unconditional lifetime warranty to any owner of the packs....I already have the backpack...just need to have something smaller for accessories while packing in the Lone Wolf

I have the Scentloc Fieldline and it held all my gear for any day of whitetail hunting and also worked great for turkey to, considering you have collaspable decoys, it also holds in the sound real good if your box chirps or the rattlin horns clang a little. Spendy yes but worth it, you can keep that half of a sub and a beverage plus whatever else has scent. Its all in what you want..

If your planning on packing a Lone Wolf think about going with a back pack like this.

I've used it for the last couple of years with great success. The compression "pod" fastens your stand and sticks to your pack for an easy hike in.

You can also use it in the spring to carry your blind in.
waytogo.gif

Thanks guys, hey OneCam I was wondering about that same pack, I think I'll give it a go,do you pack a T5 on it in the spring? Sounds like it will work good thanks.

I will take some pictures tonight of the LW in this pack...absolutely awesome! ironwood...
grin.gif

The T5 also works great in it! Chris actually put me on to these and it is an awesome set-up.

HoofnHorn,
I got your PM but it was only half there, are you having difficulty posting pictures? That is what I gathered from it. Try to PM me again if you are still having problems.

If you like that pack you should look at the Brookwood pack. It also has the compression straps and it also has a lower pocket to protect your bottom cam or bottom of butt stock. I will try and take a pic of mine.

I am just a wanna be.

I think I'll be getting one of those.
busted.gif
Did you guys get the larger of the two sizes?

I need to post a before iowawhitetail.com and after picture.

I just have the large and it is plenty big...got too busy looking at deer last night will get a picture tonight with the pack and the LW.

elkhunter, he is a very, very bad influence...
evil.gif

So Limb, where's the pictures
grin.gif
Probably been to busy taking care of my computer illiteracy or what ever you'd call it.

Here ya go guys...I think OneCam packs his a little different but this is one way to do it...It also works great for the double bull blind...
waytogo.gif

26DSC00777-med.jpg

26DSC00778.jpg

26DSC00780.jpg

That portion of my Limb kit will be here any day.
busted.gif

That really looks like a better setup than the extra large fanny pack I was carrying. Thanks Limb & onecam

Top Bottom