Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New TC Triumph

cybball

Well, I finally joined the smoke pole gang. I picked up a TC Triumph today at Scheels. I shot a friend of mine's Traditions last fall just helping him sight it in and fell in love. I was hitting 2 inch groups at 100 yards.
My plan is to use this instead of my shotgun during shotgun season, as that is normally how I gun hunt anyway. Just like I bowhunt. Looking forward to picking out a good scope for it and sighting it in now.

Any good scope suggestions????

I'd have to second Shovel. For the money, Nikon makes great scopes. They have about the best glass out there for camera lenses, if not the best camera glass, so they have the same high quality glass in their scopes at a very affordable price.

Yeah, the guy at shceels showed me a nice looking nikon with the retical lense. It was under $200, which I thought was decent.

Nikon BDC would be my choice, 150 grains of Triple Seven and a 250 grain bullet= dead deer. :)

I got a new triumph also and before muzzy season and put a Cabelas Powder Horn on it. it has the same redicle as the Nikon does

I bought a triumph a year ago and put the nikon buckmaster 3-9-40 on it and it shoots great.I didn't go with the bdc reticle because it limits you to shooting only a 250 grain bullet, and I thought maybe someday I would want to take something bigger than a whitetail and use a 300 grain bullet.

Ok, rookie question. Why would the Nikon limit you to using only a 250 grain bullet? I plan to shoot a 250, but will be trying different weights and loads. Just curious.

Because the BDC is correct only if you use the 250 grain bullet. If you go with a bigger or smaller grain it wont drop the same for the redicles

Those type of scopes are pre set for longer yardages. Deviating from the load it's set up for, 150 grains and a 250 gr bullet, will have it hitting high or low on those distances. The 100 yard mark will still work with any load.

picture.php

Makes sense. Is it pretty accurate with 150grains of powder and a 250 grain bullet out of every gun? I know different guns do different things, which is why they tell you to try different variations. Just don't want to buy a scope that is set for this charge/bullet combo and have it not work. Maybe it does for everyone?

Take thas for what it's worth since I don't shoot modern muzzleloaders, but if I was to scope a m/l i would use a scope with a basic duplex reticle. Use good old fashioned hold over or under for different yardages. That allows you to not be married to a specific load hoping it works as advertised.:way:

Top Bottom