Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non Resident Youth

How about the many nr who own land and a house and claim residency in Iowa when they aren't anywhere around until deer season .

Ha, no your just an ignorant, typical of a guy of your "stature"

Entitlement is a right, your not a resident therefor you hunting in Iowa is a privilege.

I don't know what you are getting at Booner. I'm actually a farmer who owns my land and lived in Iowa my whole life. NR's hunting Iowa has zero affect on me! I just get tired of nonresidents landowners trying to change our hunting regulations.

Gotta love the boner.
Read past post of his to learn how entitled he feels he is.
Don't waste your finger strength responding to him.

I don't know what you are getting at Booner. I'm actually a farmer who owns my land and lived in Iowa my whole life. NR's hunting Iowa has zero affect on me! I just get tired of nonresidents landowners trying to change our hunting regulations.

Read the entire post. If your an iowa resident, then we are on the same page. This post has to do with non residents thinking their child is entitled to hunt in Iowa because they own the land.

Last edited:
After buying the land in Iowa did the regulations change for a NR? Why do you think that you should get the privilege that we Iowans have? We don't get the same privileges in other NR states? Did you just realize this year that your kid would also be a non-resident hunter? BECAUSE HE'S NOT FROM IOWA!!! This same topic comes up every year and it is the same discussion. Sell your land to an Iowa resident who can actually get some use out of it!

I can only imagine the madness that would follow if they started giving preference to nr landowners. There is a reason a nr Iowa tag is a golden ticket, do we want to become Wisconsin? You commit to be a res or you follow the level playing field all nr have to follow. It bugs me because it doesn't have to be fair and even. Somethings you just have to wait for. When they come of age and still love to hunt they can go to college here, move here, whatever they chose. Patience is maybe the most important part of hunting (besides safety but they go hand in hand) so do we want to give instant gratification to kids now? I have 3 and its super hard to give them a solid foundation in this liberal era we live in with participation trophies and coddling. I busted my hump as a kid and still do, even if you earned everything you have grinding it out doesn't mean you get what you want in the end, that is life.

Last edited:
After buying the land in Iowa did the regulations change for a NR? Why do you think that you should get the privilege that we Iowans have? We don't get the same privileges in other NR states? Did you just realize this year that your kid would also be a non-resident hunter? BECAUSE HE'S NOT FROM IOWA!!! This same topic comes up every year and it is the same discussion. Sell your land to an Iowa resident who can actually get some use out of it!

Yep it changed for me. Absolutely it did!!!! When I bought my farm archery doe tags were allowed for NR every year. Then the rule changed. So you cannot use that argument.

Last edited:
I can only imagine the madness that would follow if they started giving preference to nr landowners. There is a reason a nr Iowa tag is a golden ticket, do we want to become Wisconsin? You commit to be a res or you follow the level playing field all nr have to follow. It bugs me because it doesn't have to be fair and even. Somethings you just have to wait for. When they come of age and still love to hunt they can go to college here, move here, whatever they chose. Patience is maybe the most important part of hunting (besides safety but they go hand in hand) so do we want to give instant gratification to kids now? I have 3 and its super hard to give them a solid foundation in this liberal era we live in with participation trophies and coddling. I busted my hump as a kid and still do, even if you earned everything you have grinding it out doesn't mean you get what you want in the end, that is life.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying. Right now, I just wish a NR landowner could get one doe tag per 40 at a reasonable price (in counties which have good deer populations). The tag could be used for various seasons.

Therefore my sons and I could manage our farm. I have let residents hunt yes, I understand that option. But I was burned on that once too, so I am cautious on who is out there.

Personally, I just do not see why that is an issue. Youth tags could be an option as well. Heck, have 200 of the overall total go to youth at a slight discount??

You guys arguing against this are traveling to other states and enjoying the fishing and hunting without any wait and certainly not as much $$$ in tags.

The problem is the few, the hunters who would shoot a buck during a "special " doe season right before the shotgun season. The ones who if they were in the woods on private and were sitting on a doe or youth season tag would shoot a buck. I am guessing it's not you, but they are out there. They have the I own it I can do it attitude. I personally know guys like that. And..... There are residents of Iowa doing the same thing with those tags, and we have the corrupt LO tag system for the res to abuse.

Yep it changed for me. Absolutely it did!!!! When I bought my farm archery doe tags were allowed for NR every year. Then the rule changed. So you cannot use that argument.

You mean your loop hole went away? Just move here and its not a issue.

Everyone needs to chill out. Show respect and have a ethical discussion. Enough personal attacks. Would you want someone treating your child or your wife that way? And NO HW didn't bring anything on himself. He's entitled to his opinion. He didn't slam anyone else and keeps it above board. The people acting like fools are no better than every one of those idiots protesting in Missouri and everywhere else. It's pure ignorant and insulting behavior. Be an adult or get the hell out!!

If I could buy ground in Colorado and get a resident elk or mule deer tag every year when I'm not a resident I would already have done so. It's no different I already know that's not possible. Deal with the rules, move here, or sell.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying. Right now, I just wish a NR landowner could get one doe tag per 40 at a reasonable price (in counties which have good deer populations). The tag could be used for various seasons.

Really? Im sure this would work smoothly

If I could buy ground in Colorado and get a resident elk or mule deer tag every year when I'm not a resident I would already have done so. It's no different I already know that's not possible. Deal with the rules, move here, or sell.

The very least Colorado could do is let the landowners kids hunt every year on the land they OWN! That would give us grownups an excuse to hunt elk every year. I have grandkids from age 1 to 16.

While there are those few (and there unfortunately probably always will be), the good news is that the majority of the residents, NRs, youth, and adults, do it the right way.

The very least Colorado could do is let the landowners kids hunt every year on the land they OWN! That would give us grownups an excuse to hunt elk every year. I have grandkids from age 1 to 16.

You can get an OTC bow tag in Colorado for elk. Plus I think whitetail is OTC as well.

Scott, wow you're accusing Hardwood of using the old NR archery doe tag to shoot a buck? Is that what you're saying? Ballsy for being clueless and not knowing Hardwood at all. Guys like you are why this site has died.

Scott, wow you're accusing Hardwood of using the old NR archery doe tag to shoot a buck? Is that what you're saying? Ballsy for being clueless and not knowing Hardwood at all. Guys like you are why this site has died.

JDub, clearly this thread IS really eating at you. It was just an opinion not an insult.

Mike, are you reading anything written? Scott said that Hardwood's loophole went away. Insinuating that Hardwood, NRLO's in general, were using the NRLO archery doe tag to shoot a buck. Without knowing I wouldn't make that claim. A month ago I was in Iowa and listened to a contractor complain that the late rifle season went away but it really didn't matter because he hunted with a rifle before the established rifle season and will continue to shoot deer with a rifle year around using coyote control as the reason the weapon was in his truck. You want to talk about NR's? What a joke. I've been coming to Iowa to know the majority of the poaching is not NR related. I assure you.

Top Bottom