Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non Resident Youth

JDubs, I hear ya but in all honesty resident or non resident poaching is poaching. Why would having a doe only tag in your pocket make any difference on wether or not a person decides to poach a buck. A doe tag hanging on a buck makes no difference to the DNR officer when they catch you. Might as well hang a blank piece of yellow paper on it, would mean the same thing.

How many Iowa residents on this site own land in Minnesota or Pennsylvania? If so; what are your likes and dislikes about their regulations and hunting?

That's funny :)

QUOTE="Droptines;598110"]How many Iowa residents on this site own land in Minnesota or Pennsylvania? If so; what are your likes and dislikes about their regulations and hunting?[/QUOTE]

I'm a non resident land owner and I hope Iowa never changes its laws for non residents. I know a lot of guys that would buy land if they could hunt it legally, next thing you know Iowa would turn into Pike county Illinois and the hunting would suck. Personally I would much rather wait a few years to get a tag and have a great hunt than to get one every year and have an average hunt.

MN

How many Iowa residents on this site own land in Minnesota or Pennsylvania? If so; what are your likes and dislikes about their regulations and hunting?

I'll bite!

Minnesota--Positives--one buck limit. Lots of public land. Giant body deer with rack size good with age.
Always a chance at Giants...three 200 inchers shot in county north of me last year. Very little trespassing. SE MN antler point restrictions have improved buck numbers. Chance to shoot a deer, get limit of pheasants or grouse and limit of walleyes all in same day...Three professional sports teams to watch before or after the hunt.

Negative--gun season in early November. Northern MN can have tough winters.

Last edited:
Iowa land is getting hard to buy. With the corporate commercial farmers coming in. In the last 5 years Peterson Farms out of Missouri has bought up three of our farms and turned into feed lots and some tillable. Of those farms bought all had timbers just wiped out. Better keep what you have and hand it down to the next generation...

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Iowa land is getting hard to buy. With the corporate commercial farmers coming in. In the last 5 years Peterson Farms out of Missouri has bought up three of our farms and turned into feed lots and some tillable. Of those farms bought all had timbers just wiped out. Better keep what you have and hand it down to the next generation...

Feel your pain. Just lost a farm in Ringgold. 58 acres to be tore up and farmed starting tomorrow. Tile and terrace they claim. Not a chance in hell they're going to make any money anytime soon. "some money is better than no money" he claimed.

Looks like the same cooks in the kitchen ruining the stew again. Exactly why this site has so little traffic. Obama was all for change also, look where that got us. :D

Top Bottom