Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nonresident Landowners, check out this website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180bc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Friends of Iowa -- A website for ALL Iowa landowners

Finally, we are organized and working together. As promised, you will have a voice in Iowa. Please support this organization and make your contribution today. You can contribute with pay pal or visa on the website.
Thanks
</div></div>

And thus the end of affordable quality deer hunting in the state of Iowa. Want to hunt here every year move here not just own land here.

Re: Nonresident Landowners, check out this website

Can we move this to the PMA! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

[/quote]

And thus the end of affordable quality deer hunting in the state of Iowa. Want to hunt here every year move here not just own land here. [/quote]

I will second that.

Good luck down there boys. Let me just say that I wish Minnesota's non-resident program was more like Iowa's. Being able to buy any sex tags over the counter as a non resident opens up a lot of ground to the highest bidder. I know i can't afford it. Like i said before. Hopefully you guys can hold off the big money for a while longer. GOOD LUCK!!!

I think what they are really saying is lets have another Michigan or Pennsylvania where every 1 1/2 year old gets whacked; and a 120 inch deer is a monster. Or possibly lets go like Illinois where it is so expensive to hunt or own land the little guys might as well forget even trying. Or maybe it should be like Texas with High fences and 50 per acre lease rates. Yea all of these things sound like great plans....what a bunch of losers....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what they are really saying is lets have another Michigan or Pennsylvania where every 1 1/2 year old gets whacked; and a 120 inch deer is a monster...</div></div>

Exactly, be worried. And this is coming from a non-resident.

Here we go!!
popcorn.gif

Let me see, as an Iowan, I can invest my money into my own land or I can give it to you to lobby the legislature to open up non-resident access....... Tough call, not!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friends of Iowa?

Friends of Iowa join here Iowa Bowhunters Association </div></div>

Amen Kent /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Wow...take a look at the testimonial part of that website. I have never read so much BS in my entire life. It will be a sad day when residents of this state actually start believing that garbage.

I also like how Mickey is on the board. Maybe, just maybe, he wants Iowa to have over the counter tags so that he can bring even more out of staters in to hunt the thousands upon thousands of acres of ground that he leases in SC/SW Iowa.

Kent said it best....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friends of Iowa?

Friends of Iowa join here Iowa Bowhunters Association </div></div>

the IBA is really going to need your extra support in the years to come. the testimonial page on that site will open your eyes to how this group will ruin the hunting in iowa. think land prices are high now? think land is hard to come by now? wait until this group lets anyone with a couple acres come to iowa every year to hunt. the quality of iowa's deer hunting is in danger

The future of deer hunting in Iowa for the non-landowner (like myself) is going to change dramatically (for the worse).

Hopefully they'll give Mickey a chance to lobby on their behalf. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm sure another of his "whitetail supremist blowups" like he had here will go far in the Iowa legislature. I'll be the first to explain to my reps what these guys are really about.

Wolf in sheep's clothing...

are they nut`s . send us money so we can buy up more of your land

I wish these guys would put as much effort into improving their own states instead of ruining ours.

I just typed for an hour and deleted it all...at least I got that out of my system.

A very good friend of mine once told me, type it and then delete it...words of wisdom for sure.

I'm not from there but reading alot of that website almost makes me sick. What kind of people do that?

I'm rooting for you on this one, keep fighting the good fight.

"Friends of Iowa" what a joke! The sad thing is too many people probably won't see the real intent of this group because of the thick layer of crap smeared on the cover ... and the constant waiving of the QDMA flag will likely give it more clout with some people. I wonder if QDMA realizes that Dr. Mickey is using their name and reputation to advance his private interests.

I also thought the "Board of Directors" was interesting ... I spoke with Cory Wiedel a few years ago and at that time he was buying Iowa hunting ground as an investment hoping for the nonresident rules to change and then cash in. Last year he posted on the QDMA forum asking opinions on how much Iowa land values would increase if the nonresident rules changed. He recently posted on Iowa Whitetails asking about how well it would work to set up snowfence in your timber to funnel deer to your stand. That's a less than impressive idea from a board member of an organization that really just cares about the health of Iowa's deer herd. Another board member, Mike Sorensen, works for Cory managing his properties so he likely has a financial stake involved with his concern for Iowa's deer herd. I would guess that a closer look at the other professional looking members of this organization would reveal some financial benefit they each will recieve by increasing nonresident hunting.

Dr. Tricky Mickey's group needs to be a wake up call for all of us. It's probably time to join the IBA if you haven't already and get involved. As Dr. Mickey told us last year in his post ... "the DNR needs to stop catering to the lowest common denominator of hunters" so if you aren't wealthy enough to own ground in Iowa, Dr. Mickey is going to try and make sure hunting in Iowa is not in your future.

Get involved, support the DNR sustainable funding legislation, and talk with your lawmakers about the real intentions of this group and the problems they will create for deer management in Iowa.

Top Bottom