Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nonresident Landowners, check out this website.

Id pay more for antlered tags, but a reduction of two bucks to one buck per resident would be a bad deal! lots of tradition behind our seasons. not to mention our state's deer herds is one of the best in the nation. the DNR is obviously doing something right.........

Each bow hunter oughta be entitled to a buck, as LOTS of work goes into each one, and one buck tag needs to alloted for gun hunters, especially since many gun hunters only gun hunt and dont care for the challenge bow hunting creates. and that in itself creates another issue, if you give one gun hunter the right to shoot a buck, all gun hunters should have the same right, even if they already killed one with a bow.

WHile im not going to bash party hunting, even though ill never participate in that cause I want to kill my own deer, i think NR's should not have that right here as it simply gives them a loop hole to kill an Iowa Buck every year. they should have to wait the same time period as everyone else. taking the option away for NR's to kill does with bow tags was a poor move in my opinion, instead they should have revoked the right for NR's to party hunt during shotgun season. i see that as more of a wise decision than the doe during bow season thing.

as far as the website is concerned, let them rally together and "attempt" to get things changed, i think it will be lots of money wasted and spinning of tires. I cant say i respect their efforts as it is simply the Rape of Iowa's Resources!

Get a job here, live here, and raise your family here and you have the ability to hunt Iowa whenever and however you want. quit crying about having to live by the standards set fourth that you knew about BEFORE you even bought your land here.

Rules are rules.....

just remember, in your emails, and calls to iowa legislators, the "friends of iowa" aren't voters in iowa.

any iowan that belongs to that group, has money to be made by thier agendas being accomplished. they are either outfitters, or will become outfitters, or have some NR waiting to buy their land, if they get their way

THA4...not crying here...just stating the facts....I do agree however that the wrong move was the antlerless tag removal....as earlier stated they have only forced the nr's into shotgun season with the oppurtunity to kill multiple bucks every year now.I'm not crying.

It's hard to say what will happen. I think it will be a good rule personally, just my opinion. With my job I get to travel to approximately 50 different plants spread out between extreme NW iowa to PDC wisconsin. During the fall it often becomes the topic of conversation of nonresidents hunting ground or owning ground around them that are buck hunting with bows but they know they don't have a legitimate buck tag. After awhile the story gets old and you start to think maybe something should be done to prevent this. I also think if they know it is going on, turn them in. To each their own I guess. From the many people I know that are diehard bowhunters, most don't shotgun hunt, instead they muzzleloader hunt. I think alot of people like 1 on 1 against a weary whitetail. Maybe their will be alot more shotgun hunters maybe their won't.

If nonresidents want to hunt shotgun season and shoot multiple bucks that is a personal choice. Just don't start complaining when the quality of the hunt dwindles. I know if I put my hard earned money into buying a property anywhere, in state, out of state. I am not going to rape it every year by shoot a ton of bucks. It just doesn't make sense if you like hunting big bucks. That is what this is all about. Hunting big bucks, it has nothing to do with anything else. If it was just shooting any deer, then heck you can hunt anywhere. This isn't aimed towards anyone, it is just my thoughts.

Re: Nonresident Landowners, check out this website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am not going to rape it every year by shoot a ton of bucks. It just doesn't make sense if you like hunting big bucks. That is what this is all about. Hunting big bucks, it has nothing to do with anything else. If it was just shooting any deer, then heck you can hunt anywhere. This isn't aimed towards anyone, it is just my thoughts. </div></div>

I could not agree more with your comment Liv. Best description I have heard.

Any NRs that are unhappy with the policies we have for NR hunting in this state(and probably had when you purchased) let me know. I am a resident and I am looking to pick up some cheap land!!!

I am sure you would be much better to put your money into your ground in your own state where you can kill as many deer as you would like!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well now instead of coming up and shooting a doe and enjoying hunting with some old friends,we'll be coming up there during the shotgun season and party hunting.Also given your dim view of non-residents the farms we own that we used to let a few locals shotgun hunt on....not anymore!We will be up there to police our land during shotgun....and yep there are some farmers that will gladly party hunt with us and tag our bucks.So instead of getting a buck or 2 shot 1 out of 3 years,and having some ground to hunt on come shotgun....ya'll just got alot of bucks shot and lost some land to hunt on!!!Way to go guys...and the crowd goes wild....yeh right! </div></div>

It is so typical. Why am I not surprised by this? Reminds me of the little kid who wants ice cream but his parents say no because he didn’t finish his broccoli. He whines, cries and throws a fit till he gets his ice cream. He learned at a very young age that rules are made to be broken by whining. When he gets a little older he wants to go to the movies with his friends. He flunked his English test so his parents say no. He whines, cries, stomps, makes threats and his parents, like they have been for years, cave in like a cardboard shanty in a monsoon and he goes to the movies.

His crying-whining-threatening-intimidation behavior to get what he wants has been so reinforced by the results that it has become a way of life.

Now he is an “adult” and owns land in Iowa and he bought it with full knowledge of the law. He can’t hunt LEGALLY every year so he starts to cry, whine, threaten and intimidate to try to change the rules and get his way. In the mean time he pouts and patrols his land so locals who used to hunt it can’t any more there by ensuring they are as miserable as he is, but he party hunts by himself and uses a quasi legal loop hole to tag a buck.

Yeah, I’d say that's about par for the course.

The 'Bonker

I'm curious who the resident tools will be that are going to "TRY" to represent this group in the legislature.....

I know it won't be one of Iowa's "lowest common denominator of hunters" that Friends of Iowa board member Mickey Hellickson says our DNR should stop catering to....

I sincerely hope this is a huge wakeup for lots of resident hunters.....they need to join the groups (specifically the IBA) that defend their beliefs and send this pompous whitetail celebrity and his buddies packing.

I'm pretty sure the IBA will welcome all of you lowest common denominators. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Never been that great at hitting the delete button....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well now instead of coming up and shooting a doe and enjoying hunting with some old friends,we'll be coming up there during the shotgun season and party hunting.Also given your dim view of non-residents the farms we own that we used to let a few locals shotgun hunt on....not anymore!We will be up there to police our land during shotgun....and yep there are some farmers that will gladly party hunt with us and tag our bucks.So instead of getting a buck or 2 shot 1 out of 3 years,and having some ground to hunt on come shotgun....ya'll just got alot of bucks shot and lost some land to hunt on!!!Way to go guys...and the crowd goes wild....yeh right! </div></div>

It is so typical. Why am I not surprised by this? Reminds me of the little kid who wants ice cream but his parents say no because he didn’t finish his broccoli. He whines, cries and throws a fit till he gets his ice cream. He learned at a very young age that rules are made to be broken by whining. When he gets a little older he wants to go to the movies with his friends. He flunked his English test so his parents say no. He whines, cries, stomps, makes threats and his parents, like they have been for years, cave in like a cardboard shanty in a monsoon and he goes to the movies.

His crying-whining-threatening-intimidation behavior to get what he wants has been so reinforced by the results that it has become a way of life.

Now he is an “adult” and owns land in Iowa and he bought it with full knowledge of the law. He can’t hunt LEGALLY every year so he starts to cry, whine, threaten and intimidate to try to change the rules and get his way. In the mean time he pouts and patrols his land so locals who used to hunt it can’t any more there by ensuring they are as miserable as he is, but he party hunts by himself and uses a quasi legal loop hole to tag a buck.

Yeah, I’d say that's about par for the course.

The 'Bonker

</div></div>

I love your posts Bonker....what a perfect follow up to that winey ass post. Nicely put.

You all are the ones doing all the whining...I'm just sharpening my knife!When I bought land in iowa i could hunt it every year...I was well aware of the rules,you all changed that.I can still come and hunt legally every year...so until then I'll just sharpen my knife...

wow....
case in point right there......

hope you got lots of oil to keep that stone wet, the blade should be worn off by the time you get done sharpening it and actually get to use it....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Right on Bonker!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You all are the ones doing all the whining...I'm just sharpening my knife!When I bought land in iowa i could hunt it every year...I was well aware of the rules,you all changed that.I can still come and hunt legally every year...so until then I'll just sharpen my knife... </div></div>

I hope you kill a monster buck!! You can legally party hunt with any resident, so there is no bending or breaking the law. Have a good hunt.

And the crowd roars..... yet again.

Five dollars says your knife was made in China and you'll whine when it won't hold an edge long enough to gut your ill gotten gain.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks nannyslayer...it'll be a good hunt if I don't kill a monster...just enjoy being in the woods... </div></div>

Any hunting that is done within the law and within the spirit of the hunt is a memory waiting to be made and a memory waiting to be cherished. I wish you good hunting and good luck.

There is no greater good than to share your personal blessings with others. I believe we (Iowans) are sharing our blessing of great deer with the rest of America, but on our terms. How about NR landowners sharing their blessings with the folks that let you hunt in their State by letting them hunt on your property, on your terms?

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What the heck is a fish bonker? There laws against that type of thing....you know....bonking fish! </div></div>

It is a small rounded, like a banana, club used to club fish in the bottom of a boat to keep it from thrashing too much. The curve gives it more striking surface. If it was straight only the end would come in contact with the bottom of the boat missing the fish unless you had the exact angle on it.

Some folks refer to them as Pike Bats.

Glad I could explain it to ya.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks nannyslayer...it'll be a good hunt if I don't kill a monster...just enjoy being in the woods... </div></div>

Thats a long ways to drive just to enjoy the woods. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Aren't there trees in GA?????? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom