Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Results Posted Early

3 pp is what my cousin had to get a zone 4 tag. I got it last year with 3 too. seems to be the going number, but not everyone with 3 will get them as I see now.

The people that get govenor's tags are never know to the public.Or even how many there are.I have asked several times.But just a bit of info.Stan Potts,Bill Jordan,Michael Waddel,Jackie Bushman and Brad Farris didn't draw tags either so you know where those tags will be going.

It was listed somewhere a few years ago on who got the tags, or at least part of the people.

Sometimes a guy with a low # of pp will get drawn because he applied with a group. And if one guy draws the whole group draws I believe...

correct. Say if you have 2 guys with 2pp.....they can apply as a group and if one draws they both draw. This way you have basically alot better chances of 2 people drawing instead of one. They do go with the lowest points though....so it can screw someone with more points if he applys with someone with less pps

Sometimes a guy with a low # of pp will get drawn because he applied with a group. And if one guy draws the whole group draws I believe...

The group is drawn from the guy with the lowest amount of pp's I thought :confused:

That away someone with 3 pp's cannot group up with someone with no or 1 pp's to stack the odds.

because EVERYONE gets on their knees for the IBA right? god forbid an iowa resident might have to lease hunting land, or worse yet BUY it!

Are you a ia resident?? I realize land prices are going up, but it is everywhere and almost every state. More people make more money every year and inflation does occur. Try living in WI where I do. Land in northern wi is almost all people from IL or MN. Land prices are out of most peoples reach in WI. I know where you are coming from. IA has awesome hunting, and people who can afford to buy land to hunt will. Sucks but that is a fact of life.

Fact in point.....i bought 40 acres in WI for $5000.00 per acre. Bought 240 acres in sw iowa for $1330.00 per acre.

Giant whitetails in IA or decent bucks in WI if you get the right land.

because EVERYONE gets on their knees for the IBA right? god forbid an iowa resident might have to lease hunting land, or worse yet BUY it!
If that's what it takes to keep people like you out of this state; i'm all for it! With the avatar that you have; why would you even want to come here?

Are you an Iowa landowner or is your family? Even if nonresident landowners were allowed resident privelages you wouldn't if your family owns the land. I guess I just don't get what your so pissed about and what would be your ideal situation. Getting on here and making pissy remarks like a child sure isn't going to get you anywhere. BTW does your family own land next to the "Lost 40" it's landlocked state land and I can't hunt it unless a neighboring landowner lets me thru.

Last edited:
The people that get govenor's tags are never know to the public.Or even how many there are.I have asked several times.But just a bit of info.Stan Potts,Bill Jordan,Michael Waddel,Jackie Bushman and Brad Farris didn't draw tags either so you know where those tags will be going.

wouldn't that be a public records deal, like a Freedom of Information Act type thing?

jjohnson: PM me and i can help get you in touch with the right people for that

Last edited:
Nothing new, draw results come out each year...... the whining starts the same day.

BTW does your family own land next to the "Lost 40" it's landlocked state land and I can't hunt it unless a neighboring landowner lets me thru.

There NEEDS to be a small easment for the Lost 40. I think we should write our legislators about unaccessable public property.

Hey Kelly,

I met your cousin, Colin? this last week at a bachelor party. Really nice guy. I live really close to the 600acres your family owns and I hunt two sides of that land locked 80 you guys also own. I understand your frustration but moving across the river would solve alot of headeaches:drink1:

Hey Kelly,

I met your cousin, Colin? this last week at a bachelor party. Really nice guy. I live really close to the 600acres your family owns and I hunt two sides of that land locked 80 you guys also own. I understand your frustration but moving across the river would solve alot of headeaches:drink1:

yeah he was up for the weekend for that, sounded like a good time haha. he drew a tag for 1st shotgun this year, he's always a blast to hunt with. Getting access to that 80 has been an absolute pain in the ass, the surrounding landowners just don't want to grant access in the worst way. I don't know if it's bitterness of us coming in there and buying those smaller parcels up or what but its going to court this winter. I mean, if the courts are going to force you to cede a right of way, why not just take the cash now and save yourself lawyer fees? should give me another 80 to hunt if i draw a bow tag next year.

Yeah, I'm frustrated. Everyone who has ground to hunt in Iowa every year is frustrated, especially with the current system in place not rewarding tax paying landowners. I still hunt shotgun season every year with a doe tag, but its no the same as with a bow. Move to Iowa? ha maybe after college, non-resident tuition at the UW would break me more than not bowhunting iowa every year.

Sweet...more NR in my home county. Jk jk good luck guys. The morning i shot my buck i had him in the back of my truck and went to the gas station in Corydon and there was a guy from Wisconsin there with a 160 he had shot that morning also on public land. So you guys might check out some public south of Alerton if your hunting is slow. Good luck again! Hope i run into one of you with a big buck in the back of our trucks!

Top Bottom