Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Results Posted Early

Yeah, I'm frustrated. Everyone who has ground to hunt in Iowa every year is frustrated, especially with the current system in place not rewarding tax paying landowners. I still hunt shotgun season every year with a doe tag, but its no the same as with a bow. Move to Iowa? ha maybe after college, non-resident tuition at the UW would break me more than not bowhunting iowa every year.

If everyeone that owned land in IA could hunt whether they lived there or not, there would be even fewer places for residents to hunt. More NR's would be buying land at least in Wayne County where I hunt they would for sure. Prices are not that bad per acre there as opposed to farther north in IA. :way:

I will gladly wait my turn since thats the reason IA is so good anyways.

If everyeone that owned land in IA could hunt whether they lived there or not, there would be even fewer places for residents to hunt. More NR's would be buying land at least in Wayne County where I hunt they would for sure. Prices are not that bad per acre there as opposed to farther north in IA. :way:

I will gladly wait my turn since thats the reason IA is so good anyways.

That is right!!! Well worth the wait.

I had to buy an easement to my land. I believe that's just part of buying land that doesn't have access through public roads. I don't blame the surrounding landowners not giving you access. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't allow those landowners to go through your land to get to a piece they own.
Without an easement; i'm guessing the 80 acre parcell doesn't consist of cropland. So it doesn't make sense that this land wasn't put into forest reserve. Thus no taxes. Even if you are paying taxes on the 80 in Iowa; it doesn't compare to the taxes in Wisconsin!

As a former resident of Iowa I would love to see them raise the price on non resident tags. Raise the price until they don't sell out then drop them a bit the following year. I would have no problem paying double what it is now to be able to hunt Iowa every year.

I drew a archery tag for Zone 1. I know its not the best zone for big bucks, but at least I will be hunting in he midwest and the temperature won't be in the 90's. I would like to get a buck, but will be happy if I get a big ol doe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom