Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening day success!! Her 2008 Archery Whitetail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "fuzzy horned"</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I was talking to a non-hunting friend of mine and he told me about a buck he saw this summer that still had fur on his antlers.

Great stuff!! Way to put the Muzzy to the Fuzzy!

hoofline.gif

Nice buck, Congrats Rochelle. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Keep it up Girls! that includes you Mud /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

I don't care who you are, that there is funny!

Congrats Rochelle!

Thanks for the great comments. My wife and I both appreciate it very much.

Personally I have never been a big fan of velvet deer myself. Heres an opening day velvet deer from a few years back that I took, I'm not sure if I've posted him before. Although we had already began filming a few years previous, this deer is what really got me hooked on filming our hunts. Dugout on the edge of an alfalfa field, he appeared in the bright orange sunset, silouhetted(sp?)over the hill infront of me... Doesn't sound like much,. but its one of those you gotta see it to understand things. Even though he's not a biggen, its a memeory that stuck in my mind and will until I die....Or go crazy, but either way, I look at that footage every now and then and I am greatful that it was captured to share with friends, and remind myself why were out there and what beautiful and magnificiant animals these are. Same goes for the great footage I have taken of my wife hunting the last few years. Some day, when my daughters older, it will be great stuff for her to look back on, and to us, hunting is all about the memories....ok Ok and maybe a little to do with big racks!

aa22.jpg

Congrats on a great buck! What a massive body on that thing /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif One to be proud of, that's for sure.

Your comments on here are always fun to read. You appreciate the experience, respect deer and film them for all the right reasons, in my book. Hope your fall continues like it started!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been a big fan of velvet deer myself. Heres an opening day velvet deer from a few years back that I took, I'm not sure if I've posted him before. Although we had already began filming a few years previous, this deer is what really got me hooked on filming our hunts. Dugout on the edge of an alfalfa field, he appeared in the bright orange sunset, silouhetted(sp?)over the hill infront of me... Doesn't sound like much,. but its one of those you gotta see it to understand things. Even though he's not a biggen, its a memeory that stuck in my mind and will until I die....Or go crazy, but either way, I look at that footage every now and then and I am greatful that it was captured to share with friends, and remind myself why were out there and what beautiful and magnificiant animals these are. Same goes for the great footage I have taken of my wife hunting the last few years. Some day, when my daughters older, it will be great stuff for her to look back on, and to us, hunting is all about the memories....ok Ok and maybe a little to do with big racks </div></div>

Sweet post Dean! I hope my boys love it like I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and film them for all the right reasons, in my book.</div></div>

Thank you for that reply right there. I'm sure that some of the video guys here can relate. I take a lot of Slack from some who dont know me...It seems if you video, or do a Tv show your the devil, and you go kill them just for footage...There are some crews who roll like that, but for me, it is just 100% a way to share what I love... I wont lie, I love doing what I do so much, that if theres a way I can do it full time, without compromise to my own ethics and goals, you bet I will give it a go! but the sad problem is, the fact that I will not sacrafice my ethics, or sacrafice a deer "for the footage" may mean I will never be succsessful at it. Time will tell, and its no matter to me really, I just do what I do because its what I love...And camera or not, I will always do it.

Congrats to your wife, she's progressing antler-wise in the right direction. She can hold off for a bigger one next year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

So did the video turn out?

Top Bottom