Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opening weekend plans...

I just want to survive till Monday. The Bonker is coming to the Stabbin Cabin to try and fill a doe tag again. Two main goals, fill the freezer and not scare every buck out of the county. Oh, and have a lot of fun around the campfire again.

My goal is the same this year as last, to be able to crawl to the stand Saturday morning and not lay in bed whinning like a teenager with his first hangover, like somebody else I know.

Soooo, you're tellin me those 60 inch monsters that Clayton County is famous for are off limits? Damn.

gotta wedding saturday, so that's a no go for me. so i plan on hunting sunday maybe late afternoon until dark, but i don't really know my plan yet. been shooting all summer, I'm ready to shoot something other than a 3D target.

Sorry Bonker, that 60 incher IS a monster up here, and I can't let you shoot my hit list deer. You should just be glad someone will put up with the sight of you in UA, bet Jane doesn't. Just bring beer and don't get lost.:drink2::drink1:

I have a bean field that is probably two weeks out from turning. Hoping to get lucky and have some night activity. The east wind this weekend may change my plans though.

I'm getting married :) then to Hawaii but you betcha the frist morning I'm back before work ill be in the woods.

Getting married on October 1???? A serious oversight...remember, this means you'll have an anniversary on bow opener for the rest of your life :thrwrck:

Then again...that would dramatically increase a guys chances of remembering his anniversary :D

NWBuck

Getting married on October 1???? A serious oversight...remember, this means you'll have an anniversary on bow opener for the rest of your life :thrwrck:

Then again...that would dramatically increase a guys chances of remembering his anniversary :D

NWBuck

hahahahahahaha, awesome points:way:

NWBuck said:

NWBuck

That is seriously funny right there I don't care who ya are!

arrow flinger

Not to mention, all of the guys in your wedding probably hate you :grin:

That is serious misuse of your man card! :thrwrck::moon::moon:

Sorry Bonker, that 60 incher IS a monster up here, and I can't let you shoot my hit list deer. You should just be glad someone will put up with the sight of you in UA, bet Jane doesn't. Just bring beer and don't get lost.:drink2::drink1:

How many times I gotta tell you, THE UNDER ARMOUR SHRUNK. It is kinda nauseating though isn't it?

As far as hit list, you gonna hit 'em with the combine or the truck this year? For sure you ain't gonna hit 'em with any arrow or lead.

My forage beans that I planted are still green.Hopefully I can get a south wind and hunt an oak ridge that is full of acorns. Hope to see something. A corn field is just on the other side of the creek. You just never know, that's why they call it hunting and not killing.

I Just want to sit in a tree.. killing a hit lister is a bonus. I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I shot one on oct 1st.

me and a buddy are taking his daughter out looking to get her on her first archery deer. He will be in a stand close to her and I will be a couple hundred yards away just to be out. I could care less if I see anything, in hopes that she has a bunch of action and gets a shot.

2011-09-26_21-39-39_514.jpg

This guy showed up last Tuesday so this is the first year in 20 that deer aren't on my mind this time of year. Stands are hung on a new farm and I have one that I caught on camera that is borderline, the rest 2.5-3.5.

As we all know the rut can bring bucks in from other areas and all my stands are set up in funnels, pinch points and terrain traps so we will see. Coud take a few does, and need to, but will be day to day.

I am sure I'll make it out but having fun with this little guy now :)

I'll be out Oct. 1 in the morning, from a non-intrusive stand (if the wind stays from the N), just to observe movement. I won't hit it hard until early muzzleloader. I have a sack full of white oak acorns to plant in the timber after the morning hunt. Then, its off to the Amanas for some Oktoberfest! :drink2::drink2::drink2:

I'll be out saturday morning. Nothing patterned. Just hoping for an unsuspecting GIANT to meander by. Good luck to everyone and stay safe out there!

Top Bottom