Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Over Marketed World

Guess I don't really see the contradiction......... He isn't going to the Classic to stand in line for an autograph as far as I can tell......... I don't see your point.

his point is simple, if you go, you are supporting the whole thing regardless. You pay to get in, a substantial portion of that goes to pay for Lee and Tiff, and other "celebs".

:way:

I hate it all. I haven't watched a hunting show in years. I can't stand them. Any of them!! I guess I don't have any interest in watching them. I have quit all my magazine subscriptions as well.

i go to the classic for the turkey jerky and ham and swiss sticks from the lockers
picture.php

Why don't you just order it from the Locker instead of driving to Des Moines to get it :way: Just an idea!

Remember when IW didn't have this many ad banners???? :D

I was just thinking that the same guys that are saying that they refuse to watch the outdoor channel, or buy products because of to much endorsement, or go to the classic because they hate the commercialization, are posting on a site that is dripping with product ads and sponsorship! :rolleyes:

Oh and not to mention that we now have Facebook, Twitter, and our own IW phone app! Be careful guys, some people may start to hate on Iowawhitetail and stop posting! :D

Last edited:
I was just thinking that the same guys that are saying that they refuse to watch the outdoor channel, or buy products because of to much endorsement, or go to the classic because they hate the commercialization, are posting on a site that is dripping with product ads and sponsorship! :rolleyes:

Oh and not to mention that we now have Facebook, Twitter, and our own IW phone app! Be careful guys, some people may start to hate on Iowawhitetail and stop posting! :D

Believe me it has been tossed around.

If it wasn't for some of the information that I have learned from others
it would have been done awhile ago.

I think some people actually have.

I don't get how people hate on marketing and advertisements without them companies wouldn't sell goods nor would anyone even know about products. There would be no TV at all without sponsorship $$ so no MLB NFL NHL NBA NASCAR etc

I don't get how people hate on marketing and advertisements without them companies wouldn't sell goods nor would anyone even know about products. There would be no TV at all without sponsorship $$ so no MLB NFL NHL NBA NASCAR etc
Without advertising, Rages wouldn't be $40/3. Why does one bow cost $1,000 yet a bow that shoots just as good as it from a "lesser" company cost $500?

Seems to me word of mouth used to do just fine at sorting out the gems from the junk. ;)

I don't follow MLB, NHL, NBA, NASCAR, etc. Nor do I buy hunting DVDs or outdoor magazines. I quit the mags when they became 90% ads.

C'mon brother, we ain't-a hatin' . We are just griping at the over-zealousness of some of it. I'm as big of a sucker as the next guy (I have an 10 x 16 room dedicated to fishing, hunting & camping equipment - THAT IS COMPLETELY CROWDED), but I think there is absolutely very little purity left in the show, video & magazine space...most are canned (not be confused with high-fence) hunts that involves the host showing up and blasting or flinging arrows and bragging how these four or five products helped "close the distance and close the deal". Ka-Thwackkk, BBD...baby!

I'll continue watching it with vomit in my mouth, as it is still better than watching "The Bachelor who Survived Dancing with the Idol Housewife" reality crap my wife watches.

Without advertising, Rages wouldn't be $40/3. Why does one bow cost $1,000 yet a bow that shoots just as good as it from a "lesser" company cost $500?

Seems to me word of mouth used to do just fine at sorting out the gems from the junk. ;)

I don't follow MLB, NHL, NBA, NASCAR, etc. Nor do I buy hunting DVDs or outdoor magazines. I quit the mags when they became 90% ads.

:way::way::way::way:

I have nothing wrong with advertisements and commercials, but when magazines are 90 percent ads they are not worth buying I want to buy a magazine to learn from and enjoy stories of others not sift through the BS.

As far as tv and dvds go there are not many left that dont promote a million products during the filming. Its fine to show things during commercials, but when the hunter cares more about bragging/promoting there scent lock, attractant, game call, or whatever else more than they appreciate killing a buck or doe thats when its crossing the line and I think thats what most other people are seeing as well. Why cant the hunters on tv go back to just showing a good hunt and providing learning material for the viewers.

Originally Posted by JNRBRONC

good for you! but how can one not follow any sports at all not even college??

Especially college ! Don't watch any of it.

good for you! but how can one not follow any sports at all not even college??

Hotshott,

I very rarely watch TV but I do like football and other sports when
it fits in my schedule.
I figure if I am sitting there watching TV
doing nothing I somehow, someway
could be doing something working to make more money for land. :way:

Iowa Whitetail is a primary communication machine in the political process that is keeping Iowa from being raped.:drink2: I can get past some commercialization......not much, but some.:)

Believe me it has been tossed around.

If it wasn't for some of the information that I have learned from others
it would have been done awhile ago.

I think some people actually have.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have.

I went to the classic once, and once was enough for me.

you ever notice these guys switch food plot seed or tree stands every year. One year it's the best product ever and the next they are promoting another model it is all about the money. Before I bought anything I would get on here and ask for feedback you would get a lot more honest answer

Top Bottom