Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Over Marketed World

It would mean more if they really believed in the products they promote.....but when the change every year or two it just = whos writing the biggest check not that they believe that product is the best......sell outs not some one I would take advice from.

man i really enjoy catching the hawk games in between hunts on saturdays... at least until they let their season go down the tubes.

but I think there is absolutely very little purity left in the show, video & magazine space...most are canned (not be confused with high-fence) hunts that involves the host showing up and blasting or flinging arrows and bragging how these four or five products helped "close the distance and close the deal". Ka-Thwackkk, BBD...baby!

Not all the shows! :grin: I can think of at least one.:rolleyes:

I hate the adds just as much as the next guy, but the last crush show I watched the adds were a relief after watching the fist pumps and hearing "YES" over 27 times in 5minutes. and yes I actually counted.:D

Not all the shows! :grin: I can think of at least one.:rolleyes:

Really?
whaat.gif

I don't mind any of it as long as it is bringing in the Benjamin's for me! If its not I cant stand it! Hows that for hypocrisy. :)

This really is an interesting topic for me. I have buddies that are into the video industry, friends who are in real estate, hunting products, etc. Some are very tasteful and others are simply annoying- of course the folks I'm friends with I would consider tasteful and level headed- there's sure those on the other side of that too. I don't get too annoyed anymore BECAUSE I simply have unloaded everything that's a waste of time or a giant commercial. I just don't have time to get caught up in all the hype, celebrity-itis OR vastly over-priced products which don't offer a real value. There's just such a diverse mix of: HIGH-VALUE, tasteful, effective aspects of the industry VS the sell-out, price gouging, cheesy, phony-bologna waste of time side. I simply vote with my dollars and skip past everything that fits into that 2nd example & happily support things that fit in the 1st.

I guess for me I lurk around forums and when another hunter puts up a post saying this product works great I tend to believe them. When I see it on TV, it is harder to swallow.

If Limbchicken quit posting around here I would save a lot of money. :) He can't sell me on Graywolf woolens though hahaha

I'll be honest, for a variety of reasons, I haven't bought a video in over 7-8 years. Mainly because I'm so busy. BUT- I think the LAST one I bought, I think I counted like over 80 product pushes (just did this for fun one night)- whether it was talking about it, zooming in on a logo, showing a logo on clothes/hat, mentioning a product name, plugs, product tips, etc. I know MANY of the video's do NOT do this BUT this one did- I just asked myself, why am I paying $12 (or whatever) for a big commercial?
*There are absolutely some good ones out there, I am not making a blanket statement.

Top Bottom