Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Ozonic's the company plans on addressing the safety issue by using equipment to test the content of ozone in different blinds (all set-ups) proving beyond a reasonable doubt that they are indeed safe.

I don't care what kind of ozone it is, it works!

Doesn't really matter what ozone it is, there are possible deleterious health effects. How much are you willing to sacrifice for a deer is the question? On the other hand, I could fall out of a treestand at any moment. That would be an accident, partially out of my control. Using an ozone generator, completely under my control.

you simply live in a Capitalist, free market society (ok, for now). You have the choice to purchase or pass on anything from your own evaluation & opinion whether you deem worthy or not.

Caveat Emptor!

Caveat Emptor!

Absolutely! Do your research, do you due-diligence! That goes for any product. Buyer Beware - I do this with ANY purchase and product success depends on a whole market segment making their mind up through research, feedback, reviews, safety, etc. I hope more folks who understand all this use & review the product & continue to offer feedback as well. Combine that with safety data, product supporting/or not supporting information and folks will have a good start at making their own opinion/decision. How many NEW products don't require this whole process? not a lot.

I happen to deal with oxidants quite a bit at work at wastewater plants but I got to believe it wouldn't be much different in air since it is the oxidation of a molecule whether it is in water or air.

Ozone has 1 available reactive oxygen to oxidize an organic molecule into C02 and H20. What that means is it usually takes more ozone compared to another oxidant such as chlorine dioxide that has 5 available reactive to oxidze an organic molecule into C02 and H20.

From what I have read the human body can give off 2-4ppm of organic molecules such as propionic acid which is in sweat. Most of us sweat.

(What is interesting to me is yes, run a marathon, smell your armpit it stinks which is supposedly this 2-4ppm. Stand 10 feet away you don't smell it because it dissipates into the room. Your scent, as well as ozone, will dissipate well below there initial levels at the source which makes a guy think OK, what is the chances of a few ozone molecules actually bumping into and attacking my scent molecules since they are both extremely low dose.)

The chemical equation to oxidize an organic molecule into C02 and H20 is

Oxidant Dosage (ppm) = ((Mw of Oxidant)/16n) x COD

n is the number of available oxygens.

so if we wanted to calculate the ppm of ozone needed to remove lets say 3ppm of propionic acid it would be (16*3) / (16*1) x 3ppm = 9ppm of ozone to completely convert to C02 and H20. It would take 2.5ppm of chlorine dioxide if it were the oxidant.

Another problem is ozone may react with a compound but only break it down into two pieces. It will take more ozone to break it down further to C02 and H20 so that ozone must reach the source. Considering the hundreds of different compounds in the air i wonder how much ozone it would take to convert all these to co2 and water.

Now considering that the OSHA limit is 0.1ppm for ozone and I doubt that ozonics will push over this health limit, I would have to say that it won't work simply due to the amount of ozone put in the air and the amount of body odor we can give off.

For the big picture kind of guys, 0.10ppm equates to approximately 1 inch out of 160 miles.

Last edited:
I can't afford hunting anymore. Nor am I scientific enough to hunt now days.

I'll just keep playing the wind and see what happens.

Wow, my head hurts now. And from what they released yesterday I guess I need to throw my cell phone away too.

Wow, my head hurts now. And from what they released yesterday I guess I need to throw my cell phone away too.
Well, maybe.

Cell phones might cause certain brain cancer according to some possibly less than scientific studies.

The choice comes to do a cost versus benefit analysis.

How badly do you need to use a cell phone at the risk of health problems?

Versus:

How badly do you need to kill a deer that you would expose yourself to a potentially toxic environment.

My guess is that most here would sell their soul to the devil for trophy deer: tumors, asthma, other health issues be damned.

Jnrbronc, Chill out dude, I totally agree with you. The ozonics thing creeps me out even though I have good friends that swear by it.As for the cell phone it has always been a fancy thing to tell me what time it is while hunting and now I dont even know where it is or even if its charged.

I'm gonna go pick one up on the way to Minnesota this weekend, don't want the muskies smelling me.... :grin: Probably won't help much tho, I don't catch many any how....

Ozonic's doesn't creep me out as much as a snorting doe on a "kill" day in my best stand that I wait the entire season to hunt! The argument of safety is completely mute from a treestand (because it's being shot out past you, not on you), and out of a ground blind, the proof is coming.

Some people consider this "too gimmicky" (and it works), but carbon clothing (that does nothing to beat a whitetails nose), sprays, washes, and cover scents are bought by the billions each year and effectly do NOTHING at stopping a whitetail from busting you. $400.00 sounds like alot until you add up the money that ALOT of us have wasted over the years on junk that did not beat a whitetails nose.

I understand some people don't like technology and how they feel it takes away from their hunt. I know that these people are all shooting wooden bows, arrows, and wouldn't think of hunting from a treestand off the ground. Don't let me even get into trail cameras. They're battery controlled too!

Just wait, a few years and all you neigh-sayers will be sitting in a tree with an Ozonic's because beating a whitetails nose will become too temping when you start hearing people you trust saying they have tried them and that Ozonic's works.

I'm with Randy on this one, they're just deer people.

I'm not going to say anything about the product b/c I have no knowledge or care about it b/c it costs money and I'm not interested in spending any on anything realated to scent control.

It's the whole concept that seems bonkers.....again, they're deer.

I posted too soon.

Just wait, a few years and all you neigh-sayers will be sitting in a tree with an Ozonic's because beating a whitetails nose will become too temping when you start hearing people you trust saying they have tried them and that Ozonic's works

I'll take that bet Todd.

I will have to agree with Saskguy on this one. There is nothing on this earth that is smarter or even comes close to being as intelligent as a human. I have a hard time when someone says that a "big" buck is smart. It's not so much that they are smart, it's how they live that makes them challenging. If it was legal to hunt at night, I think ALOT of guys would change they're tune.
(A different perspective)
A mature deer spends up to 70% of their life bedded. That means that they are on their feet 30% of the time, and I would say all but maybe 5-10% of that is after dark. So this means that we have a 10%or less chance of even seeing a mature deer, let alone getting a shot at one. If you think about this it makes it a little easier to understand why knowing and studying habitat, biology, food sources, logistics, and travel patterns, is much more important than products that "guarantee" success. I am a gear head as much as the next guy, and I think there are products that most certainly help us become better hunters, but with that being said, there is NO replacement for being a good woodsman and a killer. The old saying about there being Hunters and Killers is so true. I know a lot of dudes that have some pretty bad ass equipment, that have never put a 170" on the ground. And I also know a lot of guys that have a ton of Knowledge and hunting skills that put down a giant every year with minimal gadgets. I am not saying Ozonics doesn't work, but I am definitely saying that you don't need it to kill giants. Like Muddy said though, to each their own. :way:

Last edited:
Just wait, a few years and all you neigh-sayers will be sitting in a tree with an Ozonic's because beating a whitetails nose will become too temping when you start hearing people you trust saying they have tried them and that Ozonic's works.

You might look for another horse to bet on.:D

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom