Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics????

gansomn

Guys have any of you used one of these? I have picked up some new farms to hunt. I have put out some trail cams to start watching things but thought something like this would help me out if the deer are not moving where I think. I know these are expensive thats why im asking dont really want to drop the dime on a product thats seems to good to be true. Any input would be helpful.

Ya, be sure to read Skip's thoughts. His perspective comes with Nothing to loose, nothing to gain - just pure insight from one helluva bowhunter!

:way:

I personally think that it would be something that would work to remove odors from clothing and gear if used in a confined space but I do not think it's possible to generate enough ozone to eliminate your scent in a deer stand.

They absolutely work! I've been using them for 3 years. Used them an entire season before agreeing to promote them. They are pretty amazing.

They have a money back garantee, so you really have nothing to loose.

Thanks Todd. I have not gotten a solid answer from anyone about when you could get your money back. I asked if I only hunted a hand full of times in the season could I really hunt the intire season with this product. I had left a message and have not heard anything yet. If you know a little more about this I would like to hear from you.

Free? Nothing is free I can assure you! If Sligh1 is the guy who came up to me at the Iowa Deer Classic this year, he apologized for saying it didn't work because he WASN'T using it properly! Once he took my advise, he said it worked flawlessly!!!!!

Come on whoever you are - come out and tell the truth!!!!! I forget the dudes name that talked with me at the show. You around??? Now's the time to tell the truth.

WKP - Todd said:
Free? Nothing is free I can assure you! If Sligh1 is the guy who came up to me at the Iowa Deer Classic this year, he apologized for saying it didn't work because he WASN'T using it properly! Once he took my advise, he said it worked flawlessly!!!!!

Come on whoever you are - come out and tell the truth!!!!! I forget the dudes name that talked with me at the show. You around??? Now's the time to tell the truth.

My guess is that it wasn't sligh1 who came up to you. If I would have to bet my money would be that the guy who comments on every single thread with super long responses would have mentioned it here if he had screwed up his testing. And I'd bet you'd remember meeting him.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Not trying to poke a fire, but rather a couple questions:

When you say worked flawlessly, are you implying that since you've started using Ozonics, you've never once had a deer smell you or blow out? Not even 1 time?

I've never used one personally, but I have spoken with a number of people that have. The way I understand it, almost every time a deer gets in your scent stream, they smell the ozone? They may not completely blow out of there, but they definitely smell something? Personally, I don't want a deer going on alert no matter what the scent is, and I'd rather take my chances of them just passing through downwind without a stream of ozone going at them. A deer on alert is a risky situation no matter which way you spin it. Just my 2 cents.

SORRY TODD- that wasn't me. It personally didn't work for me. I have eaten a lot of lead paint chips as a child & personally think my mom did a lot of drinking while pregnant with me BUT I am still smart enough to run it correctly. I guess having an engineering degree gives me at least enough smarts to figure this one out & somehow get thru life. :) BUT - that's just my humble experience. I'm not claiming what I experienced was the end-all conclusion or some 5 million dollar study, not saying that at all. Just didn't work on my "fair" trials & my experiences on many deer. If it's working for you, knock yourself out. I have nothing to gain or lose when I posted my "fair" & personal experience last year and it's ONE GUY'S EXPERIENCE HERE (I ain't making a dent in the thousands or millions of hunters looking yea or nae into purchasing this). I also did PAY for the unit. I surely am not trying to "win a debate here" cause it ain't a debate (as much as I like debating some OTHER TOPICS) - all I'm saying is I did not have the success with it that I feel was touted.

In all fairness..... I do think this is cool and PROPS to Ozonics, sponsors, etc.... They said "just give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, send it back for a full refund". I have to give credit where credit is due- I made a 60 second phone call, mailed the unit in and got a full refund within 2 weeks. I was very impressed with this aspect of the process. If you're on the fence and do want to take the "I'll give a try" approach, they were excellent to work with and very credible on their return/refund process.

That's as non-biased as I can be & putting it as fairly as possible. Good luck whatever you all decide.

My guess is that it wasn't sligh1 who came up to you. If I would have to bet my money would be that the guy who comments on every single thread with super long responses would have mentioned it here if he had screwed up his testing. And I'd bet you'd remember meeting him.

I am not sure how to take that one?!?!!? :) I think that's a hint I need to shorten up my threads & posts a bit. Ha. From this point forward, I will limit my posts to 10 words or less. Just like Billy Madison @ competition at end, I don't want anyone "far dumber from hearing what I had to say" or whatever. 10 words or less starting............. NOW.

*and yes, you would remember meeting me, I'm the guy with 3 arms, a lazy eye, I drool a lot & no one can ever tell if I'm really a man or a woman.

Last edited:
I'll admit I was being a smartass, but no offense meant to you skip. I was just saying that I highly doubt someone who frequents the board would forget meeting another regular -especially one who posts as much as you.

Here's my take on Ozonics and other scent eliminating products such as clothing, sprays, cover scent, aerosols, etc... It is only going to be as successfull as the person using it. What do I mean by that? Well here's the thing about reading or listening to reviews or recommendations on a product. Does the source have credibilty or are they peddling a product, or do they have something to gain by giving rave reviews? Take Todd for example (and this is no slam on him whatsoever). He comes on here and raves about Ozonics and other products, but has not killed anything in 2 years, and doesn't have the track record since moving to Iowa to tell hunters that a certain product will work "flawlessly". Yes I understand that he is choosy, but so are alot of other hunters I know. Plain and simple, there are a handful of guys on this site that kill giants every year and don't push the products they use to all of us. The reason for this is they know how to kill giants without any gadgets or gizmos that work "flawlessly". We all know that there is no such thing as a foolproof product and there is no substitute for hard work and just plain whitetail savvy. Sure we all use products that we feel will aid in the hunt and we all have our own opinions on certain products. Let's face it, whether you hunt in Carhartts or Scent Blocker, or use an Ozone machine, we have all had deer walk through our scent stream and either keep going or spook. It has way more to do with thermals and wind direction that we can't see, than it does a product beating their noses. I'm not doubting that the technology works to some extent, just like I don't doubt that scent loc or scent blocker or nose jammer or sprays don't work to a certain extent. What it comes down to is do you want to spend the money on something that may give you a 5% greater advantage? And if you do, than it is nice to know that the chosen products manufacturer stands behing their product and is willing to give you your money back no questions asked. Hell I've bought a lot of things in life that I wish I could've gotten my money back on :grin:. My point is use your own judgement, and if you do kill a giant this fall, analyze every aspect of how it happened and how you can repeat the process. Don't just assume that it happened because of one variable! Caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom